1994 NAS D90 temp gauge question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 16th, 2016, 07:12 PM
gmuiter
Greg
1994 D90

Registry
1994 NAS D90 temp gauge question

Friends! I had an over heating situation in the early summer (failed water pump). I noticed after the repair my temp gauge seemed to be way off. It was indicating fully overheated within minutes of running. I bought a laser temp gauge and confirmed that at the water pump section of the engine read at 190 degrees F. That seems to be in line with a normal operating temp and the truck seems to be running just fine.

I looked at the back of the temp gauge to see if there is an adjustment but have not seen anything that would seem to indicate an adjustment is possible.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2016, 07:22 PM
rovertek
chris
D130, 2001+99 p38

Swap in a new temp sensor .. I've seen them fail after overheat also had a couple new one bad too

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2016, 07:51 PM
gmuiter
Greg
1994 D90

Registry
Thank you for the reminder. I forgot to mention that is the next thing I tried.... a new temp sender. That yielded a change to the gauge but still was way off.

You think the new temp sender could be bad? What part number would you search for if replacing again?
Old October 17th, 2016, 06:38 AM
rovertek
chris
D130, 2001+99 p38

Stock gauge ? ETC8496
Like i said before I've seen new ones faulty so it's the luck of the draw.. i have a VDO gauge and i could tell you make sure you have a clean ground with that unit

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
1994, 90, d90, nas