1986 17H Turns Over But Won't Start - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 13th, 2014, 11:14 AM
willhahn24
William
1995 D90 SW #450

1986 17H Turns Over But Won't Start

I recently bought a 1986 110 to do a full rebuild on but wanted to drive her around as is for a couple of weeks to get to know her. She was running like a champ and then out of no where on the way home a couple of weeks ago I downshifted to 3rd, let off the gas and she just sputtered and died. After a lot of head banging I towed her home and haven't made any progress.

She's a 2.5 NA Petrol (17H I believe).

What I know:
Always a little slow to start but nothing out of the ordinary,
Bright blue spark at the plugs,
Good fuel pressure into the Carb (pretty sure fuel is making it past the Carb),
I found this wire (pictures below), I think its the Pipe Carb Vacuum, unplugged and wasn't sure where it was supposed to go. Put it back in the Carb where it looked like it belonged but nothing changed. The wire starts at the distributor cap goes over the engine and was dangling by the Carb. Anyone know where this wire goes and have any other leads? Going to try and dig around some more this afternoon and tomorrow.

Here is a video what she sounds like right now and heres a shot of the two old bags hanging out for fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	102806   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	102807  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	102808  
Attached Files
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
start