1985 d90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:14 PM
PurpleHaze
Sean Mugford

1985 d90

Hey
This D90 is for sale. Its a 1985. Imported from england in 2000. it is totally rebuilt, like im talking everything. it has a new tdi300 in it. With 40,000 miles on it. The only thing that it doesnt have is a NAS roll cage. It has a 6 point chasis mount roll cage. It has NAS lights all the way around. All parts were rebuilt in 2000-2002. New axles and diffs, everything. New paint. It was at a Land rover dealer. Now its a personel sale. It has a hardtop. My question is what is this D90 worth? And where and how much is a NAS roll cage and softtop worth? Hard to come by?
Thanks
Sean
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (446.3 KB, 180 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:44 PM
PurpleHaze
Sean Mugford

Its a lefthand drive. it originally came with a 2.5, and a brand new tdi300 was installed in 2001. Extra offset rims for offroading also. Anyone have any idea what this is worth in excellent shape. Any other info needed to help tell what it is worth?
Also the truck is located in Canada, along with me.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:58 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

It has a NAS cage. It looks like an AL top so there is no cage that goes inside. I would say about 14-18k Just a guess. With a guaranteed title, I don't know anything about Canada's import laws. But to be a dick, it is not a Defender, it is simply a 90. The D90 started in 1990.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2005, 02:20 AM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
Is the chassis in excellent shape?
They start getting really crusty at that age, I've got one. So far I've had to replace the rear cross member and I don't think the MOT man is going to be too impressed with the outriggers that hold he bulk head in place or the rear mnounting for the fuel tank. Looks like I'll be firing up the sparkly spanner and hot metal glue gun.
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:45 AM
PurpleHaze
Sean Mugford

Yeah the Chasis is in good shape. There a steering leak and a couple little things. My only concern is a dent in the front diff. Going to look at this week hopefully.
Old May 4th, 2005, 04:53 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
Dent in the front diff pan isn't unusual for something that's been offroaded and not really a concern if it's not in contact with the crown wheel in which case a hole would have been worn through tthe diff pan and the oil would be leaking out. If you're keen the diff could be removed and he dent beaten out, they usually take a lot more effort ot straighten that to dent in the first place and then there's always the risk that the case could split
Best to0 let sleeping dogs lie if it doesn't leak

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
1985, 90, d90