1984 diesel fuel tank... help! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 5th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Mike Deery
1984 D-90
1984 diesel fuel tank... help!

Well, it isn't leaking yet. But, the guard is rusted and I understand that tanks often rust from the inside out. This is probably the original so I'd like to replace it before I have to in an emergency situation. The tank is part # ESR2242P I beleive. It sits under the drivers seat box (rhd). I can only find the tank in the UK. Looks like it would run about $200 for the tank. I think the shipping would be the issue. Any ideas on replacing the tank or sourcing a stateside or canadian supplier would be appreciated. I am not interested in relocating the tank as the fuel fill is on the side just like the old series trucks.

Old March 5th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Capt Milks
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25
Mike, a few vendors here on the board could source a new tank for you. They also make a tank guard if you plan on taking it off road. I have one on my D90. It is not the best place for a tank however. With that said you could also do a conversion and switch over to a rear tank if the one you have is a rust bucket.

Land Rover 110
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Dave Lucas
There are 2 different types, I purchased my new one for my 1984 90 from safarirover shipped for less than that I think

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

1984, diesel, fuel, fuel tank