110 Springs - OME or LR HD? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 9th, 2016, 01:37 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I run 755s and 766s on my 3-door 110. When the truck is unladen, the ride is almost unbearable. It actually starts oscillating when you bounce over bumps. But, load the truck down with a the kind of load that you'd carry on a multi-day off-road trip and the suspension is dreamy and doesn't sag, even with a heavy winch+bumper up front and hundreds of pounds of crap in the back. The ride smooths out and the truck is very stable, even cornering at speed on rough dirt double-track.

I mostly use my truck for long trips so it's the perfect setup for me. If this is a daily or even weekly driver, don't bother. Go OEM HD. The OEM HD will sag with a big winch bumper and a heavy load but it's still usable off-road and it won't kill you on-road.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 9th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Shagey71
Sam Hagey
1995 RRC LWB - Alpine White

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Hey Sam-

I totally forgot about this thread, haha

I ended up with a LR HD spring set from Rovers North. I still don't have many miles on this build but from the quick spins they are decent.

I have recently acquired some OME medium rear 110 springs that I will use with OME HD fronts I had from my NAS 90. Those will sit on the shelf for a little while tho until I get some other things done. I want to finding the interior and see how the extra weight does with the LR HD spring set.
Roger that, I'll probably ask again in a few months once you forget about it again

------ Follow up post added April 9th, 2016 08:41 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
I run 755s and 766s on my 3-door 110. When the truck is unladen, the ride is almost unbearable. It actually starts oscillating when you bounce over bumps. But, load the truck down with a the kind of load that you'd carry on a multi-day off-road trip and the suspension is dreamy and doesn't sag, even with a heavy winch+bumper up front and hundreds of pounds of crap in the back. The ride smooths out and the truck is very stable, even cornering at speed on rough dirt double-track.

I mostly use my truck for long trips so it's the perfect setup for me. If this is a daily or even weekly driver, don't bother. Go OEM HD. The OEM HD will sag with a big winch bumper and a heavy load but it's still usable off-road and it won't kill you on-road.
I have no idea what is under the truck right now, rusted to hell and assuredly lost a bit of memory. For now, I think I'll just swap new shocks, ride it out, see what it needs and address from there.

It's like a new science I didn't know I needed to learn - always fun.

'95 RRC CountyLWB - dripping all over central TX
'83 110 HCPU - in piceces, all over central TX
'90 RRC Truggy - loud and proud
'95 RRC CountyLWB Beluga Black - SOLD
'01 P38 - POS Leaked Electricity - SOLD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags