Defender Source Forum banner

110 soft top conversion

13K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  MUDSUX 
#1 ·
#2 ·
it'd be a nice 'kit' - and he keeps talking about a kit, so it seems there are plans to produce. I'd imagine Exmoor would have created patterns for the canvas. P&P did a lot of fitting in place, which could make the cage kit a bit tricky, but they've programmed the bender and built #1. That's the expensive part. I'd imagine there'd be demand. I'm surprised they didn't tie it into an A-hoop though - which is a common and produced part.

Hell, the amount if effort I'm going through to get all the NAS ST cage bits would cover shipping...

#5 ·
The youtube is a tiein with the articles they ran about the truck and the canvas top. I believe Badger does something for a 109 and/or 110 as well minus the rollcage. Actually its smart to just go with the rollcage from the middle and back cause then you dont have to worry about the bit that has to go through the canvas as you see on the NAS 90's. I would think it just simplifies the whole project

#8 ·
#11 ·
Hells yeah! My very own ROW Beach Runner. It's not like I have AC to keep me cool. When my 110 was still in one piece, I used to have to slide all the windows open just to keep cool here in Florida.

------ Follow up post added September 15th, 2010 02:44 PM ------

off the shelf kit.

http://www.allwheeltrim.co.uk/LR-Mohair.html#Mohair

Bottom of the page. 890 gbp complete.
Thanks Doug. Didn't know this option existed. So allwheel trim is different from exmoor trim?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.