110 roof rack compatible with roof top tent - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 29th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Ncrover725
Bobby
1985 110

Registry
110 roof rack compatible with roof top tent

Is anyone running a roof rack with a roof top tent? What are your thoughts regarding yours for the price and durability? I am looking seriously at the camper addition.
http://www.voyagerracks.com/Defender110.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Clicked on their links and found this. http://www.d90tops.com/ looks good!

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old March 29th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrover725 View Post
Is anyone running a roof rack with a roof top tent? What are your thoughts regarding yours for the price and durability? I am looking seriously at the camper addition.
http://www.voyagerracks.com/Defender110.htm
I had an ARB on a Front Runner rack. I didn't like it on top of the truck for several reasons.
1) the truck handled like crap with 250lbs on the roof-this on a 130 with both sway bars in place.
2) the truck moved quite a bit as you climbed up into the tent and any movement in the tent resulted in truck sway, I weigh another 250 so with someone else in the tent with me thats 650lbs on the roof, 7 feet off the ground.
3) the tent was in harms way while wheeling from tree damage

I moved the rtt over to a trailer and that has suited my uses. Pull into camp unhitch the trailer, set up camp and go run trails. I used a Sankey which has drop down stabilizer's so once parked and stabilizers down its rock solid.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, 110 roof, ac, rack, roof, roof rack, top