Defender Source Forum banner

110 ribbed roof question

Tags
110 roof
4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  mgreenspan 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I have a 110 with a ribbed roof and have a relatively silly question. I assume the ribs are there for structural support. If the ribs are removed do the roof sections come apart? Has anyone ever removed the ribs and added some type of flat support to give the appearance of a smooth roof?

#9 ·
No hate here. Cage compatibility is the primary concern and potentially aesthetics. As for cage, I am probably going to add a front external bar that connects to an internal cage and leave it at that. I don't care for the external cage look as much. So cage compatibility isn't a real issue either. Like I said, silly question.

#17 ·
Send it to Brewie (here on D source), he does a bunch of the Exo cages and can get the Camel trophy SD ones (or has them in stock maybe, since he is pretty much the only one that keeps them in stock in the US).

Shortish drive from Nashville :)or ship it

http://lrccustoms.com

#23 ·
They're another cage supplier. They have made cages for certain LR factory products over the time. My last 90 had a SD full external, and whilst the fitment was spot on, the coating (powder coating) was absolutely crap. the usual reply from SD was "remove the cage and send it back and we'll re-coat it"....

So I looked at SD. they were very helpful, and cheaper than SD.
The cage on my 110 fits more or less like the SD did on my 90, maybe 1/4~1/2" further out in places, but that's all, and it's coated well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.