110 restoration thread (and maintenance questions). - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 13th, 2014, 12:51 PM
dolomiti
Scott
1987 One Ten

110 restoration thread (and maintenance questions).

I recently imported a former MOD 110 and am starting the process of addressing some rust issues and replacing all of the steering/sway bar/suspension bushings (could use some recommendations on a US vendor on these).

I also would like to install an aftermarket/high quality temperature gauge. Anyone have some suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	98713  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2014, 01:01 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

RN, AB, SafariHP, RovahFarm, Defenders Northwest etc. should each be able to get you any suspension stuff you need.

VDO Vision gauges are good.
Old July 13th, 2014, 01:04 PM
dolomiti
Scott
1987 One Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnrvrs View Post
RN, AB, SafariHP, RovahFarm, Defenders Northwest etc. should each be able to get you any suspension stuff you need.

VDO Vision gauges are good.
Great, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2014, 04:33 PM
dolomiti
Scott
1987 One Ten

My plans are developing a little more...I am going to go ahead and replace the suspension with OME springs and shocks. I eventually plan to add a dormobile kit to the 110, so I think I might need some rear springs which can handle the extra weight. Through ARB AU, I put together the following...

STEEL BULL BAR & WINCH - 300 KGS LOAD

Recommended for vehicles with steel bull bar and carrying loads of 300kg to GVM. Optimum performance will be achieved with loads of 300kg to 500kg. Front lift: 30mm, rear lift: 40mm.

I have pulled all the relevant part numbers for the bushings that I'll need for the steering/sway-bars/suspension, but I am thinking about going with Energy Suspension poly bushings. Unfortunately, I cannot find any cross references for the sizes that I'll need. Has anyone else gone this route?

So far I've emailed Rovers North (no answer), Rocky-Road Outfitters (no answer), VDO Vision (you'll have to figure out what you need on your own), and Energy Suspension Parts (contradictory info, then a rude, no we don't support any Land Rovers). What's the deal? Why is it so much easier to get support for my 30 year old BMWs but anything Rover related and you're on your own?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, restoration