110 rebuild-tpost alignment - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 27th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Tyler Wirken
Tyler Wirken
1997 Defender 90 LE

110 rebuild-tpost alignment

Hey all-

Working feverishly on the 110 build to get on top of this thing. I am at the point of assembling tub,tpost etc.....

String test appears things are looking really good but I have a question about where the t-posts need to properly be seated.

I have attached photos of the questions. Mainly does the top of the t-post need to be flush with the end of the tub body capping, shown in photo 1? One side seems to line up really well with all the rivet holes in the tub etc... but the tpost top is not flush with the end of the capping. Close but not flush. However on the other side things are not lining up like they need to. In order to get the rivet holes to line up with the holes in the tub the tpost needs to be drifted toward the back of the truck thus making the end no flush as well as now making the roll cage foot not able to fit. Hopefully this is making sense. Bottom line is am I over thinking it and trying to make it to perfect?

How critical is this step? Everything is within an 1/8" or less so nothing is to far off.

Anyone have any photos of these areas they can share? Just trying to double check before I nail it all down. Is it best to let the t-post float where they do and not "force" them into place to ensure the middle doors close?
I am afraid if I persuade them into where it appears they should be it would adversely effect how the doors close and latch.

THanks for the help.

Tyler
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d-90_tpost_1.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	36227   Click image for larger version

Name:	d-90_tpost_2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	36228  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

I am no expert but Have been doing the same thing. I do not have the front to back thing but a slight bow at the front. I have looked at a lot of trucks and close seems to be the norm. I have seen some NAS trucks that are out a lot, factory fitment with no crashes. I would get it as close as you can and then let it be.
Old February 28th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Tyler Wirken
Tyler Wirken
1997 Defender 90 LE

Mike. Thanks for the reply. I am getting to that point also. The good/close enough point. Nothing on these trucks was ever perfect.

Thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, alignment, rebuild