110 rear tub question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 19th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Tyler Wirken
Tyler Wirken
1997 Defender 90 LE

110 rear tub question

I need some help from someone who has a 110 they could look at or from someone who knows the answer. On a 110 tub where the t supports mount by the rear of the middle doors are two triangular pieces. I had to remove those and have some new ones fabed up. The problem is that my guy did not put a break in them that the original ones had. The break is at the bottom of the piece directly down from my thumb in the photos. I for the life of me can not see why that break is in there. Can anyone help me out by looking at these photos and tell me what it is for and does it really matter. I assume the t supports need to nestle in there but I could not tell when I mocked it up.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	31259   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	31260  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Bill B
Bill
73 S3 109 Tdi, 95 RRC

I just had a pair made up here too and from my photos of the rear tub in that area there is no reason to have a gap. The cap fits on the end of the upright part of the rear tub and the horizontal part on the extensions of the rear floor. The flat plate on the end of the B posts goes over the top and bolts down.
Mine is a S3 109 and the 110 should be identical. So you shouldn't have to do anything.
Good luck
Bill B
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:54 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm pretty sure that will be OK. I think the break is to provide relief for the t-support, but if your truck is like mine, there will be a gap between the t-support and tub, not interference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Tyler Wirken
Tyler Wirken
1997 Defender 90 LE

Thanks fellas! I kind of figured that to be the case.

I appreciate the comments.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
Hi Tyler,

Any chance your source wants to make a couple more?

J.P.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags