110 Oil Pressure Gauge - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 25th, 2009, 07:30 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

110 Oil Pressure Gauge

Had my engine rebuilt by a very reputable place in LA. Been driving it and of course watching everything. So I noticed my temp gauge never really goes to the middle and that my oil pressure at lights dips below the middle then climbs back up as I drive. The shop says this is normal as oil viscosity changes and that my pressure is fine. They have the truck now to evaluate it.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
Had my engine rebuilt by a very reputable place in LA. Been driving it and of course watching everything. So I noticed my temp gauge never really goes to the middle and that my oil pressure at lights dips below the middle then climbs back up as I drive. The shop says this is normal as oil viscosity changes and that my pressure is fine. They have the truck now to evaluate it.

Thoughts?
Oil pressure will climb as engine rpm increases, that is normal. On a cold start, your oil pressure will be higher (around 38psi) while driving at interstate speeds (2500rpm) until the oil reaches operating temp, then it will decrease a bit.

Is the oil light flickering?

Cheers...
Old June 26th, 2009, 12:34 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Thanks. No everything is working as designed. Just got paranoid again.

thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags