Defender Source Forum banner

110 Mounting Points and body-off order

Tags
110 body mount
2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  TheOneTen 
#1 ·
I don't know if I'm searching wrong but I've searched for "frame mounting points", "mounting points", etc. and I can't find any other threads.

Does anyone know where I could find a diagram of all the mounting points for the body to the frame and any info on the order and list of things that need to be done before separating?

Thank you!

#4 · (Edited)
5 door body attaches @ the tabs across the rear crossmember, then again @ the crossmember under the second row seat box , then again under the rear of the main seat box, then the two large bulkhead bolts, then the two bulhead to chassis braces in the engine compartment and then up where the inner fenders bolt to the frame up behind the grill. Wiring on the rear tub has to be unlugged and again up under the hood on the bulkhead as the loom runs through the frame. The fuel filler, and brake and clutch lines also need to be unhooked. I also remove the transmission shifter.
FWIW if you are thinking of lifting the body as one piece, put the long bulkhead/b pilliar bolts back through the body work as soon as you have it high enough to clear the frame outriggers.

#5 ·
5 door body attaches @ the tabs across the rear crossmember, then again @ the crossmember under the second row seat box , then again under the rear of the main seat box, then the two large bulkhead bolts, then the two bulhead to chassis braces in the engine compartment and then up where the inner fenders bolt to the frame up behind the grill. Wirring on the rear tun has to be unlugged and again up under the hood on the bulkhead as the loom runs through the frame. THe fuel filler, and brake and clutch lines also need to be unhooked.
Well thanks! What about steering components? I'm trying to figure what all has to be done to lift it right off

Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.