110 Mounting Points and body-off order - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 19th, 2017, 09:51 PM
MiamiDefender
Christian
1991 Defender 110

110 Mounting Points and body-off order

I don't know if I'm searching wrong but I've searched for "frame mounting points", "mounting points", etc. and I can't find any other threads.

Does anyone know where I could find a diagram of all the mounting points for the body to the frame and any info on the order and list of things that need to be done before separating?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
depends on the body configuration of your 110. Ea type is different

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 19th, 2017, 09:58 PM
MiamiDefender
Christian
1991 Defender 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
depends on the body configuration of your 110. Ea type is different
My mistake, I left that out. It's a standard 5 door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
5 door body attaches @ the tabs across the rear crossmember, then again @ the crossmember under the second row seat box , then again under the rear of the main seat box, then the two large bulkhead bolts, then the two bulhead to chassis braces in the engine compartment and then up where the inner fenders bolt to the frame up behind the grill. Wiring on the rear tub has to be unlugged and again up under the hood on the bulkhead as the loom runs through the frame. The fuel filler, and brake and clutch lines also need to be unhooked. I also remove the transmission shifter.
FWIW if you are thinking of lifting the body as one piece, put the long bulkhead/b pilliar bolts back through the body work as soon as you have it high enough to clear the frame outriggers.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old November 19th, 2017, 10:18 PM
MiamiDefender
Christian
1991 Defender 110

Quote:
5 door body attaches @ the tabs across the rear crossmember, then again @ the crossmember under the second row seat box , then again under the rear of the main seat box, then the two large bulkhead bolts, then the two bulhead to chassis braces in the engine compartment and then up where the inner fenders bolt to the frame up behind the grill. Wirring on the rear tun has to be unlugged and again up under the hood on the bulkhead as the loom runs through the frame. THe fuel filler, and brake and clutch lines also need to be unhooked.
Well thanks! What about steering components? I'm trying to figure what all has to be done to lift it right off

Thanks again!
Old November 19th, 2017, 10:40 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiDefender View Post
Well thanks! What about steering components? I'm trying to figure what all has to be done to lift it right off

Thanks again!
we separate the steering right @ the bottom of the column on the bulkhead where the u joint is. Remove the bolt and slide the shaft down off the column splines. There's the radiator, the steering fluid res, the coolant res, fuel filter on diesels etc. It goes quickly if things are in good condition. It can be a mother if the bolts have lots of corrosion. Once you do one you tend to put them back together with bolts lathered up with anti seize. Pulling the body as 1 piece is the way to go if you can. The rear lights, diff lock and reverse switches, and the rear chassis harness to main plugs on the bulkhead and the battery cables and engine harness to main harness are pretty much it for wiring disconnects. Add glow plug lead from bulkhead for diesels.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old November 20th, 2017, 07:35 PM
MiamiDefender
Christian
1991 Defender 110

Quote:
we separate the steering right @ the bottom of the column on the bulkhead where the u joint is. Remove the bolt and slide the shaft down off the column splines. There's the radiator, the steering fluid res, the coolant res, fuel filter on diesels etc. It goes quickly if things are in good condition. It can be a mother if the bolts have lots of corrosion. Once you do one you tend to put them back together with bolts lathered up with anti seize. Pulling the body as 1 piece is the way to go if you can. The rear lights, diff lock and reverse switches, and the rear chassis harness to main plugs on the bulkhead and the battery cables and engine harness to main harness are pretty much it for wiring disconnects. Add glow plug lead from bulkhead for diesels.
This is hugely helpful, thank you!
Old November 20th, 2017, 07:39 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Don't forget the brake and clutch lines!
That's what I forgot

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, body, mount