110 Front and Rear Defroster Switches - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 19th, 2009, 05:13 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

110 Front and Rear Defroster Switches

I pulled apart my dash to replace my fan switch. I have a question while it is all apart. Does the front defroster switch ligth up when pressed? Mine doesn't have a bulb. Is this normal? Then again I am not sure which plug goes with which switch. All I know is one of my switches is missing a bulb. It could be the one for the rear.

Thoughts other than I am an idiot for not paying attention to which one goes where.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2009, 10:08 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

come on, no one can tell me if both defroster switches light up?
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Sorry, I'd love to help but I am not 100% sure mine are right as I ran into the same problem. I forget which I decided went to which, but one of them does not light (and I can't for the life of me figure out why not).
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Both my front and rear defrost switches light up.
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:38 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
I pulled apart my dash to replace my fan switch. I have a question while it is all apart. Does the front defroster switch ligth up when pressed? Mine doesn't have a bulb. Is this normal? Then again I am not sure which plug goes with which switch. All I know is one of my switches is missing a bulb. It could be the one for the rear.

Thoughts other than I am an idiot for not paying attention to which one goes where.

the 3 switches (hazard, rear defrost and heated front screen) all light up green when the lights are on.
The hazard has a red bulb that flashes when the hazards are on.
the rear defrost warning is on the dash binnacle and that switch does not light up when pressed
the heated front screen has an amber bulb and will light up when pressed, but it is on a timer that is tied into the oil pressure so if you push it without the engine running it will only stay on for a few seconds

BTW the red bulb for the hazard is NLA, so don't loose it.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:49 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

thanks!!!!
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
the 3 switches (hazard, rear defrost and heated front screen) all light up green when the lights are on.
The hazard has a red bulb that flashes when the hazards are on.
the rear defrost warning is on the dash binnacle and that switch does not light up when pressed
the heated front screen has an amber bulb and will light up when pressed, but it is on a timer that is tied into the oil pressure so if you push it without the engine running it will only stay on for a few seconds

BTW the red bulb for the hazard is NLA, so don't loose it.
Thanks Mike, good info! I was wondering about the front heated windscreen, I think that was my problem, the engine wasn't running and that is why it kicks back off right away. BTW, I replaced the amber/red bulbs with LED ones from superbrightleds.com
Old April 20th, 2009, 03:43 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Matt does your rear defroster switch stay lit when pressed? Does it go out when tv dash one does?
Old April 21st, 2009, 09:04 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Does anyone know where I can get the green and orange bulbs for the front defroster? My green one burnt out. I can't find the pat number for anything other than the hazard red bulb. I am too lazy to make a mod to go LED. Anywhere I could buy these locally?

Thanks
Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
Does anyone know where I can get the green and orange bulbs for the front defroster? My green one burnt out. I can't find the pat number for anything other than the hazard red bulb. I am too lazy to make a mod to go LED. Anywhere I could buy these locally?

Thanks
your dealer or RN has them. RTC6504 is the green one (I think).

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
Matt does your rear defroster switch stay lit when pressed? Does it go out when tv dash one does?
The correct factory set up is that the rear defrost has no amber illumination in the switch, it just indicates on the dash. you can set things up any way you like though.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Mike

Could this be it? RNE750 fro the rovers north site? Would it be the one for the classic? The part # you had didnt match anything.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
Mike

Could this be it? RNE750 fro the rovers north site? Would it be the one for the classic? The part # you had didnt match anything.
Unknown on the RN #, they make up their own #s. Our system uses the Rover part #.
It is RTC5604 green, and RTC5605 amber (I was close for guessing out of my head).

Old April 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Thanks Mike. That matches the Rovers North!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, defroster, switch