110 Died - Your Thoughts?
Gentlemen and Ladies,
As if by magic, my 110 died a block from home the other night. It just suddenly stopped running and I had barely enough momentum to get through the traffic light.
The engine turns over fine, but does not catch.
I have done several troubleshooting items as follows, to see if I have fire and fuel.
1. Checked that I had gas. I do.
2. Checked that I could hear the fuel pump was "whirring/buzzing". It was.
3. Checked all the fuses in the dash fuse panel. All were good, including F20 fuel pump relay.
4. Checked the Maxi fuse in the engine compartment for the Ignition. It was intact.
5. Cracked the connection of the fuel line to the fuel injection rail. Gas spit out when the ignition key was turned. i,e, good pump.
6. Checked the two relays in the footwell. Seem OK but jumpered the Main (Black) one to eliminate the relay. No change, still didn't start.
7. I pulled the coil wire from dist cap - wire sparks to ground when turned over.
8. I pulled a plug with its wire. Sparks across the plug gap.
9. I pulled a plug after turning engine over, but it appears dry. Does look wet with gas.
10. Swapped the ECU with a spare. No difference.
11. I pressed the accident reset switch by the fuse box. It was not popped and did not need re-setting.
12. I used a test light to see if there was power to the fuel injector pins in the mating connector. There was a fairly steady light on one pin and slightly waivering light on the other pin.
So.... any suggestions on what to check next?
Land Rover Club of San Diego
1993 NAS D-110 #55 (GNUTRUK)
2004 Disco II (DSCO DOG)