Defender Source Forum banner

110 cheap NAPA heater fan replacement

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Uncle Douglas 
#1 ·
Just finished rebuilding the heater box on my 110. The fan was full of crap and rusted. Reading prior post about modifying a fan so you can use the switches ground I found a fan at Napa that requires no rewiring. Part number 655-1778 also known as PM137. Cost $30!! Had to file the flats down a little bit farther on the shaft to allow the fan to be in the proper position. Also drilled new mounting holes with rivnuts in the housing. My studs had broken off when removing the old fan so was using rivnuts anyway.
Only had my old weak fan to compare to but this fan puts out some air!!! Make sure the polarity is correct. If it's wrong it blows but not hard.

#6 ·
Correct mine is RHD. The PM137 does run the wrong way according to the fan blades. The connector is two 1/4" spade terms so I just hooked it up so it ran the correct way. It blows running both ways. Backwards you get meager air flow, correct way it will blow your socks off!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.