110 calipers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 4th, 2013, 02:14 PM
andy110
Andy Bard
1986 110 CSW

Registry
110 calipers

What a pain in the butt! Trying to install new front calipers on my '86 110 with Sals front axle. It came with calipers that uses solid pins to hold in the pads, I ordered new calipers from Rovahfarm and the pins would not fit them! So I did some checking and it appears these are set up for split pins instead of solid. Now I am looking for solid pin calipers and Trevor tells me that all of the new calipers with solid pins have metric bolts attaching them to the axle. My question is these "metric" calipers fit on my axle? The split pin caliper bolted right up to my axles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 4th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Andy,
The pins should be an easy fix but do the old bolts securing the calipers fit int the holes of the new ones? If I remember correctly, they might not, or is it the other way around? You might be able to source the long cotters at the Ace there in Hayes.
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:16 AM
andy110
Andy Bard
1986 110 CSW

Registry
Yes, the bolts securing the calipers fit the new calipers just fine. They are bolted up to the axles as we speak. I do not want to have to buy new pads as the old ones are almost new. I would prefer solid pin calipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC22958 View Post
Andy,
The pins should be an easy fix but do the old bolts securing the calipers fit int the holes of the new ones? If I remember correctly, they might not, or is it the other way around? You might be able to source the long cotters at the Ace there in Hayes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags