110 bench seats and belts source and install and roll cage ? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 28th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Ken Lawler
none (yet)
110 bench seats and belts source and install and roll cage ?

I am taking possession (assuming no glitches) of a 1985 Defender 110 ExMod soft top next week. It has some crappy rear side facing seats that I want to replace with full bench seats and seat belts. Try as I might I can't seem to find much info on this.

ExMoor has some side facing seats but there is very little info on the sight. I'm looking to fill both sides completely with bench seats for a total I guess of 8 spots. I can't tell much in terms of dimensions so I have no idea if I would need two per side etc. I'm not sure folding is a necessary option but would be looking for input on that from you guys as well.

The truck has a soft top and what I guess you would call a roll cage. The middle of the truck behind the front seats has a larger diameter pipe than the rest of the cage. Is this considered an appropriate roll cage in your opinion? Might be hard to answer from my description. The photos of it are here - http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=50194

Old December 28th, 2013, 07:57 AM
72 + D1 drivetrain
Lets start with the "roll cage".
The only roll cage bit of that is immediately behind the driver and passenger. The rest of it is simple soft top hoops that provides no protection in a rollover.
Getting a tithoneas (?spelling) 110 which has a full length roll cage already installed would likely make more sense if you want to go with forward facing seats in the rear.
Adding six seats leave very little legroom. Then you have to figure out the seat belt mounts.
This is as they say getting complicated.

Old December 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
87 D110 (Ruby)
Atlantic British or Rovers North both have the correct bench seats - the ones in it are not "Land Rover Correct" the bottoms may be - but the back rest is certainly not. Here is a link to the RN seats - note they are in the Series section - http://www.roversnorth.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=PLB711

You want to check both sites to get the best prices. For more options on pricing the cool kids are now buying stuff from LRSeries.com - here are theirs - http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product...h=bench&page=1

Note pricing is MUCH better on LRSeries - but shipping can be a killer.

Also, as far as seatbelts RN and AB have them as do LRSeries

I am sure you can get two benches on each side of the truck for seating of 8

For Rollcage - the post above says it - it is spelt Tithonus - either way a custom roll cage will be needed if you decide to go down that path.
"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
Old December 28th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"
Fwiw those are Uk-Mod seats that I think are part of radio body kit. They just hang over the edge of the tub capping. So while they aren't what you want for your usage, they are technically a proper Land Rover part. As you were...

1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

110, bench, cage, seats