110 alloys and center caps. Need spacer? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 13th, 2008, 10:59 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
110 alloys and center caps. Need spacer?

I'm borrowing some alloys wheels while giving my steelies some TLC and new tires, and had to remove the center caps to fit them. Do the NAS 110 vehicles have spacers or just no hub cap. My hub caps hold in oil, so they are not optional.

Mainly just curious as I don't plan to stay on alloys - but would like to know what it would take.

thanks
charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2008, 12:58 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
NAS 110 never had alloys, and I've always heard that you had to pull the center caps to make them fit. Places like rebornco and other places that do half-ass work always seem to have trucks for sale with missing center caps because they didnt want the expense of updating the axle ends.

I need to see a picture of Janey on alloys! Oh the bling!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 13th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

My 110 is sitting on D90 alloys right now. They fit but you have to pop out the center cap for the wheel and they rub on the radius arms when you turn (at least with the 285 tires that are on mine). Anyway, they work short term but if you were keeping em I would get the spacers.
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
It's just temporary, but for some reason I thought the NAS ones came with alloys which was why I wondered. I actually prefer the steel wheel look and iirc those spacers are not cheap anyway!

Jim, I'll take some pictures before removing them, LOL.

BTW, I took some pictures of her a few weeks back and hope to find time to make a nice spoof on these fancy new car sites you see with flash based 360 degree views of the car once I get them (they are on a friends camera). I need to find someone to do a Jeremy Clarkson style voiceover and I'll be all set

charles
Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
My 110 is sitting on D90 alloys right now. They fit but you have to pop out the center cap for the wheel and they rub on the radius arms when you turn (at least with the 285 tires that are on mine). Anyway, they work short term but if you were keeping em I would get the spacers.
Andrew where did you get the wheel spacers to fit your alloys? I have a set of alloys that have been gathering dust and I think its time to put some road tires on them since ive been running the Michelin X's for mostly onroad use.

Disregard i just found them on Rovers north. $419! Wow. I guess ill stick with the steel wheels for now.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
landrovered
S. Smith
72 Series III 109 Diesel

Steel wheels rock!

At least that is what I keep telling myself when I price spacers.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I am running rear alloys with center caps. I'm holding off on updating the front axle until I switch to LHD and then I'll have the different axle ends that will allow the caps there as well, so for the moment no center caps. The 285s do rub the radius arm without spacers and some turning radius is lost.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, ac, alloy