100k Stopped Odometer repair how-to! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 24th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat
100k Stopped Odometer repair how-to!

Sorry it took so long, been having issues with my FTP programs, but things are running again.

Anyways, here is what I needed to do when my odometer stopped at the change from 99,999 to 100,000 miles. Seems to just be a weak mechanism that doesn't have a strong enough spring to push that last digit over. But if you get it all past that point, it clicks along normally once again (probably until the 200,000 mile mark).

Sorry I don't have the greatest photos of it, but most of the work is just disassembly and reassembly. The actual "fix" takes about 30 seconds or so. But a disclaimer, this is only what fixed MINE, but it may not fix yours if something else caused it to stop there.

Be gentle, don't touch anything you don't have to. Grab the wrong part the wrong way, and the speedometer portion will be ruined and need professional repair.

Here is the link

My oil line fix

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Gore Ranger
1989 RRC
cool thanks. I am going to try that on my 1989 RRC, which stopped at 90K.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions