1. I did knowingly procrastinate
2. For my birthday, yesterday, my oil lines blew and yes it was everything everyone says
3. I did knowingly procrastinate and accept my fate as ordained by the LR gods.
4. No one was hurt - D-90 was/is OK (always always carry a fire ext.)
5. Due to this site, I know what to do (almost to many options on replacing the lines)
The question - what is the best way to clean/wipe/remove all the oil sprayed in the engine bay?
The rain cloud:
AND why $1000? Due to the need to get the D90 towed, I missed the lease signing of the a New Beetle convertible I gave my wife for her birthday (was to be a MINI but that is its own thread
) and somehow the lease $$ is a bit higher than I would have liked (still a good lease though just not great). Had I not done #1 above I would have been there to negotiate. So every month for the next 3 yrs, $27 is donated to VW because I had my thumb up my Arse and did not do what I know had to be done! BUT...
The Silver lining:
I got my wife the Beetle because she does deserve it. But the selfish element is that added benefit for me. By having a 3rd car I can spend more time fixing the D90 and not having to worry about finishing on Sunday evening as we need two cars for work. Oh, and the oil lines were my top job!
I know this thread is a repeat specific to the oil lines, and a heavily covered topic but I wanted y'all to read this and really know that the post help / tips etc really do let some of us keep the LRs on the road.