100,000 Mile Service - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
100,000 Mile Service

My Christmas bonus is coming soon and I want to treat Grover - my D90 - to a "spa day."

Grover just turned 100k miles , but runs like a champ and I have zero issues with it. I want to get at least another 50k out of the motor. If it's running fine, should I leave it alone?

What services should I perform and what parts should I replace? I have owned it for the last 3k miles and have only replaced the oil cooler lines and all fluids. The brakes are great, I put on new Cats and 02 sensors, new springs, shocks, and steering stabilizer. Tranny/clutch, and t-case are fine. Both diffs are good (just put in ARBs).

Cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, injectors? Timing belt? Flush radiator? Tie rod ends?

I do plan on replacing all bushings/rubber, etc.

Thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Rover V8's dont have timing belt. Cooling system is pretty important it would be a good thing to have serviced. Ignition parts are easy to do and easy to obtain. I generally order cap rotor and wires from rover connection and get Champion plugs from the local parts house. As far as steering seems like the drop arm ball joint gets worn around 100k. If you are replacing tie rod ends its a good time to add a high clearance HD track rod from Rovertracks or Rockware.

First things first how much is the christmas bonus going to be?
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
Rover V8's dont have timing belt.

First things first how much is the christmas bonus going to be?
Duh, I had 300Tdi on the brain! Bonus will be $2300 after taxes.

I plan on replacing all bushings, the t-case rear output seal, and upgrade the tie rod and drag links with new joints as well. Maybe HD axle shafts. Grover may get some new shoes in the way of some BFG MTs. Maybe a roof rack as well. But like I said, he runs like a champ right now.

Ahhhh.... money burning a hole in my pocket!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

It should have a major service every 30k.

See what you did/did not do on the 90k service.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
It should have a major service every 30k.

See what you did/did not do on the 90k service.
Read above, I have only owned it for the last 3k miles. I have no idea what major services have been done to it, hence that is why I am asking what I should do.

Semper Fi!
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
the rear link bushings may need replacement if its been wheeled much. Is your truck lifted? Theres a Borla forsale on this BB that would be a nice addition. I just read your locked, you really need to give Rovertracks a call.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I am lifted 2" on OME springs, but I don't think the truck have been wheeled much. I already have NRP exhaust as well. Yeah, I have been in contact with Keith at Rovertracks already.

Semper Fi!
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:18 AM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Save your money. Your fuel pump, alternator and probably u-joints will all go fairly soon, unless they were replaced by the previous owner.
Oh and where did you get your ARB's done, or did you do them yourself?
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I did my ARBs myself. It's not difficult at all. Hit me up if you need help. There a several of us in the DC area with self-installed ARBs.

Semper Fi!
Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
I did my ARBs myself. It's not difficult at all. Hit me up if you need help. There a several of us in the DC area with self-installed ARBs.
Nice. That is probably my next upgrade along with some Rovertym rear trailing links.

B
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
Read above, I have only owned it for the last 3k miles. I have no idea what major services have been done to it, hence that is why I am asking what I should do.
Your reading comp needs work. Get the 90k service list and do everything that has not been done. Plugs, fuel filter, full fluid change etc. You said you did the fluids, so do the rest.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
Your reading comp needs work. Get the 90k service list and do everything that has not been done. Plugs, fuel filter, full fluid change etc. You said you did the fluids, so do the rest.
So why didn't you just say that?

Semper Fi!
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
evilfij
evilfij

I am intentionally vague.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

I did the Carter Fuel pump thing when I hit 100K. Do a search for Carter fuel pump for part numbers. Saves you about $260 bucks rather than going the Genuine route. Get the fuel pump its associated filter (not the in-line filter, but the filter on the bottom of the pump) from NAPA along with about 12" of rubber fuel line and clamps. Combine this job with a fuel tank skid plate replacement if not already done. Also gives you a great opportunity to do a good inspection on the rear crossmember.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
service