1 or 1.5 inch lower upper shock mount? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Santiago
Santiago Gigola

1 or 1.5 inch lower upper shock mount?

Anybody knows if there is an upper shock mount (available on the market to buy straight away) that lowers the upper rear shock mount in a Defender about 1 inch (or 1.5) instead of two?
I know of the Expeditionwear and Terra Firma ones sold at Expdition Exchange and Roversnorth but is there one that just lowers the moun 1 inch (1.5 is even better) instead of two?

The thing is I need to install my new Koni Raid shocks in my Defender 110 and it is lifted 33 milimeters so I need to lower the upper shock mount a bit in order not to loose to much droop.

Thanks
Stgo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
do you have a longer bumpstop too?
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Santiago
Santiago Gigola

Yes Ren, I have the bump stops sorted out.
They have been extended 40mm, so that the shocks do not bottom-out on compression.

The problem with the upper shock mounts is that I believe that if I lower them 2 inches (aproxim. 50mms) then I will probably have problems on compression since the Koni Raids are longer that the standard shocks I have now. That's why I want to lower the shocks just what is necessary and no more than that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
mount