Does anyone else here buy Prime graded steaks at Costco? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Cooking Corner

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:03 AM
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Another, but very simple, delicious steak recipe!

I get a NY Boneless, best quality available from my grocer's butcher, custom cut at 2+ inches thick. I usually have them cut me two at a minimum so that it's worth their time. I take them home and bi-sect the cut so that I have two pieces at 2+ inches thick out of each steak. So now I'm serving four people. It's still a lot of meat considering what I had started with. Just throw them on a scorching hot grill, wide open throttle, on their sides to get them good and hot! The fat side down gives me a lot of flame. After a few minutes I lay them over and spritz them with lots of spray butter and pepper them with McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning. After a few more minutes I flip and do the same to the other side. That's it. Delicious! The come out Char-blue with a nice crust on the outside. Seared well on the outer and glow in the dark hot and bloody rare in the center! Sooooo Goooood!

Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
+2 on using Montreal Steak seasoning. I also use their Motreal Chicken when grilling yard birds

Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:18 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
I eat two pound bone in ribeyes by myself at home. Costco cuts them too thin, so I get a whole rib roast and cut it into steaks .

I Delmonicos I ate the 3lbs John Krupa special by myself -- with sides (and like 8 turkey 101 rocks but we are ignoring that fact for present purposes).
*not legal advice*
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:45 PM
'97 D90
Just slaughter the cow already.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Cooking Corner