Defender Source Forum banner

Window re-install help.

Tags
window
887 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  asetliff 
#1 ·
I'm making a big push to get my 1969 2a 109 four door done and running into a dead end on a few items.

1. Windows. None of the side windows are in the truck and I have no idea where to start. I have glass, new felts, and metal trim. Are they glued in, felts screwed in, basically where do i start? If anyone can share close of pictures I think I could get a start.

2. How do I get the steering wheel off? I've removed all the hardware and gave it a few hundred love taps. Everything I've read sounds like it's par for the course nut if hit any harder I'll be damaging it I'm sure. I can't figure out how any puller would connect either.

3. Mudflaps. I grabbed some genuine mudflaps and it appears that it's going to hit the exhaust. Any suggestions?:thumb:

#2 ·
I'm making a big push to get my 1969 2a 109 four door done and running into a dead end on a few items.

1. Windows. None of the side windows are in the truck and I have no idea where to start. I have glass, new felts, and metal trim. Are they glued in, felts screwed in, basically where do i start? If anyone can share close of pictures I think I could get a start.
Rear side?
Replacing Land Rover rear side windows or seals

3. Mudflaps. I grabbed some genuine mudflaps and it appears that it's going to hit the exhaust. Any suggestions?:thumb:
Go to a muffler shop and have them bend the rear exhaust pipe so it exits diagonally out the rear side of the truck. The pipe can be cut off so it is even or just inside the body line so it doesn't snag on anything while on the trail.

#3 ·
Rear side? Replacing Land Rover rear side windows or seals Go to a muffler shop and have them bend the rear exhaust pipe so it exits diagonally out the rear side of the truck. The pipe can be cut off so it is even or just inside the body line so it doesn't snag on anything while on the trail.
Thank you Teri. I've read your site numerous times and just wanted to thank you for all your contributions.

With that I'm re-installing all of the windows on both sides. The front and rear glass is already in. The issue I'm having is I didn't take it apart and not sure what's missing or hidden in the boxes of junk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.