series chassis tech drawing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Old October 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM
orionpco
larry burns
1962 series 2a

series chassis tech drawing

does any have or know where i could get a series 2,2a and 3 chassis technical drawing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 21st, 2010, 11:50 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

In the green bible.

Ron
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:09 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Here, try page 24-25. Closest I can find.

http://defender-manuals.s3.amazonaws...ROM_Part_6.pdf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 21st, 2010, 07:23 PM
orionpco
larry burns
1962 series 2a

thanks guys, im also looking for something i can use to program a laser cutter to cut out the basic shape of the chassis. i wanna give it a try at making a chassis for hybrids something that could make it easier. i honestly believe that a few series per year could be saved this way. if you think about it who wants to buy a nice replacement chassis and start cutting on it to make a hybrid. i dont have all the numbers right now but with the shops i have lined up (we are duplicating my current series chassis) it looks like a really nice hybrid coil or leafer chassis could be made and sold for around 1500 and be made to accept v8's foriegn and domestic, also be made with power steering in mind. i can see why so many hybrid projects dont get finished its tough, but if a chassis can be made with the hybrids needs in mind it can go so much easier. imho the bulkhead and chassis is the only real hard part besides the cost.
Old October 21st, 2010, 07:59 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Very cool Larry. I may need one soon for my Series III. If you can make one, your chassis will probably be straighter that the original one! Haha!

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old October 21st, 2010, 08:11 PM
orionpco
larry burns
1962 series 2a

we are trying very hard. im thinking since no one is really in the hybrid enabling market why not me. thanks to a slower economy where i live i am able to do this, 3 years ago i couldnt have ever got the expertise or equipment to use to do this type of work. viva la recession,, not really im hoping it gets better for all of us just after i get these few projects completed. beside i truly believe this could save a few series trucks that dont qualify for a full resto from sitting and rusting away. i wish i was a series owner back when tim cooper and mat was around looks like it was a great time for lr owners back then.
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Larry, did you ever get anywhere with this?
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:29 PM
oilburner
JL
large pile of parts

http://s195.beta.photobucket.com/use...38053539427037

I had .dxfs traced from these drawings and have a full frame that was CNC plasma cut out of thicker material. SII 109. The file should he high-res enough to do the same.

Edit: I am building a brick-shit-house chassis for my cummins turbo 109 machine. 3/16 sides and 1/4 top and bottom rails.
Diesel-swapped 1994 80 series Land-cruiser
And a difflocked 4wd turbodiesel Lambo
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by orionpco View Post
i wish i was a series owner back when tim cooper and mat was around looks like it was a great time for lr owners back then.
Did something happen to them while I was not looking??

Last I heard Mathew was working at Advanced Adapters and driving around his 88. He engineered a bunch of gearbox to Series transfercase adapters the other year that Advance Adapters sells. With a wife and young child Mathew decided he liked the idea of a regular paycheck.

Last I heard Timm is still doing custom mods on Series trucks for people and innovations. He partnered with Brian Horner to form ROAM OFFROAD to sell the disc brake adapters that Timm designed and hardened axles.

Timm seems to be still doing everything that the Timm and Mathew partnership used to do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Tags
series, wing