Defender Source Forum banner

series chassis tech drawing

Tags
series wing
3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TeriAnn 
#1 ·
does any have or know where i could get a series 2,2a and 3 chassis technical drawing?

#4 ·
thanks guys, im also looking for something i can use to program a laser cutter to cut out the basic shape of the chassis. i wanna give it a try at making a chassis for hybrids something that could make it easier. i honestly believe that a few series per year could be saved this way. if you think about it who wants to buy a nice replacement chassis and start cutting on it to make a hybrid. i dont have all the numbers right now but with the shops i have lined up (we are duplicating my current series chassis) it looks like a really nice hybrid coil or leafer chassis could be made and sold for around 1500 and be made to accept v8's foriegn and domestic, also be made with power steering in mind. i can see why so many hybrid projects dont get finished its tough, but if a chassis can be made with the hybrids needs in mind it can go so much easier. imho the bulkhead and chassis is the only real hard part besides the cost.

#6 ·
we are trying very hard. im thinking since no one is really in the hybrid enabling market why not me. thanks to a slower economy where i live i am able to do this, 3 years ago i couldnt have ever got the expertise or equipment to use to do this type of work. viva la recession,, not really im hoping it gets better for all of us just after i get these few projects completed. beside i truly believe this could save a few series trucks that dont qualify for a full resto from sitting and rusting away. i wish i was a series owner back when tim cooper and mat was around looks like it was a great time for lr owners back then.

#9 ·
i wish i was a series owner back when tim cooper and mat was around looks like it was a great time for lr owners back then.
Did something happen to them while I was not looking??

Last I heard Mathew was working at Advanced Adapters and driving around his 88. He engineered a bunch of gearbox to Series transfercase adapters the other year that Advance Adapters sells. With a wife and young child Mathew decided he liked the idea of a regular paycheck.

Last I heard Timm is still doing custom mods on Series trucks for people and innovations. He partnered with Brian Horner to form ROAM OFFROAD to sell the disc brake adapters that Timm designed and hardened axles.

Timm seems to be still doing everything that the Timm and Mathew partnership used to do.

#8 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.