Series Bumper's Bumperettes Fab parts?!?!?! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Old July 14th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Arrington
Jason
series II 1966

Series Bumper's Bumperettes Fab parts?!?!?!

Just curious if anyone knows of any places or people who are makeing any heavy duty front bumpers or rear bumperettes or rock sliders for the series IIA 88? I know rovers north has sliders, but it doesn't seem like i can find anyone out there making any custom fab parts for the 88 series rovers? I may have to build my own stuff. If anyone have any recommendations I would appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Pangolin 4x4.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Arrington
Jason
series II 1966

I have talked to him and he doesn't have anything built. Rock sliders are out of stock, bumpers i think are the same way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ike is probably the only one making Series armor. I am getting ready to make some stuff for my 107, including sliders and a fuel tank skid, but that does not help you much. If you were on the east coast I could get you fixed up nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old July 15th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Arrington
Jason
series II 1966

I wished I were on the east coast! Ike seems to be a really nice guy, I have talked to him a couple of times about sliders and bumpers. I guess I am going to have to build my own. I mess with several cars all the time and I just can't believe it, how no one is building or selling fab parts for these series 88. Seems like there really coming on strong for car people. The old FJ40's have shot thru the roof and it seems to me the market is picking up quite heavy on the series 88 rovers. I just can't believe no one has really capitlalized on this. I know the d90's are probably the hotter ticket for manufacturing parts, but i think someone is missing the boat on the series 88. I wished I had time, I would start making these items. I guess the thing I want is more variety of parts.
Old July 16th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrington
I wished I were on the east coast! Ike seems to be a really nice guy, I have talked to him a couple of times about sliders and bumpers. I guess I am going to have to build my own. I mess with several cars all the time and I just can't believe it, how no one is building or selling fab parts for these series 88. Seems like there really coming on strong for car people. The old FJ40's have shot thru the roof and it seems to me the market is picking up quite heavy on the series 88 rovers. I just can't believe no one has really capitlalized on this. I know the d90's are probably the hotter ticket for manufacturing parts, but i think someone is missing the boat on the series 88. I wished I had time, I would start making these items. I guess the thing I want is more variety of parts.
If you can wait a few weeks to a month, there is another D90 member with a Series 88 I am making sliders and a fuel tank skid for. Shot me an email or PM.

Semper Fi!
Old July 16th, 2011, 07:39 PM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

People are building but there really is not huge demand. My shop is a bout 50/50 Defender /Series in general. In fabricating custom bits it's more like 90 / 10.

new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Tags
bumper, part, parts, series