Searching for a Series II/IIA - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Old September 25th, 2011, 05:30 PM
SonofSaturn
Will I am
None

Searching for a Series II/IIA

Hey, I am currently looking for a Series II or IIA 88 or 110 with a metal dash (no preference on the lights). I am most concerned with the truck being a runner with a solid frame and firewall. The cosmetic appearance of the body is not important. Since this is my first post, I apologize for the SPAM, if I jonged this up. Cheers, and hope someone out there can help or set me up with some contacts to locate one of these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2011, 12:04 PM
jvelador
Javier Velador
'95 D90 / '66 IIA

What's your budget?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 26th, 2011, 09:19 PM
SonofSaturn
Will I am
None

I was hoping to find something between $500 - 3000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 27th, 2011, 12:04 AM
grnrvrs
Paul

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=25785

Still for sale.
Old September 27th, 2011, 12:48 PM
jvelador
Javier Velador
'95 D90 / '66 IIA

It's going to be difficult to find a running one, with a solid frame and bulkhead at that price range. Unless it's a barn find. Most have found owners that restore them and at that point, the prices are considerably higher.

Having said that, eBay is probably your best bet, along with craigslist. I found mine on recyler.com about 10 years ago.

You can also search through http://www.landroverexchange.com It's a bit quirky, but it is usable.

Javier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:23 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
If you are not in a hurry.... Mine was on that price range and it's in great running conditions.

The PO had a complete engine overhaul, new seals, new brakes. Most of this things were done over 5 years ago, but less than 200 miles since all the work done.

I did invest a few dollars to get it to my liking. But, if I did not care about that stuff, it was up to notch.

The only things it needed (besides a new driver ): a new slave clutch, new clutch flex line and new fuel pump. (less than $100).

I guess I was lucky. (Kudos to Gustavo )

Old September 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM
SonofSaturn
Will I am
None

Cheers for the info.

grnrvrs ... nice truck. I feel I would likely insult you if I made an offer though. Please get at me if you feel I am incorrect.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on the sites mentioned.

Any further advise would be welcomed graciously.

Thanks again!
Old September 28th, 2011, 07:39 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Will,

Check this one:

http://www.roav.org/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=622.html

Old September 28th, 2011, 10:35 AM
ukoffroad
Chuck Yarbrough
67 IIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
I was thinking the same thing, that one is near me. Sounds like a great start, I could go over and check it out if you need.
Old September 28th, 2011, 11:00 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
From the description it would seem that it requires, at the very least, a frame over. Maybe a tad much to chew for a starter truck.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old September 28th, 2011, 09:39 PM
SonofSaturn
Will I am
None

Thanks rrc.swb! The 69 Series looks interesting, though it sounds like it may need a frame/firewall. Also curious if it would make it from Va to Wy?

If someone (ukoffroad??) is interested in giving her a once over to check the frame, firewall and condition of the engine I would be much obliged.

I'll keep my eye's peeled, thanks again!
Old September 29th, 2011, 10:23 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Will,

A 2,000 miles trip is ambitious... A lot of us have been there and done that. I keep saying I'll never do it again... And keep doing it.

The last one was a "short" haul, Goose and I went to pick the truck, I spent $250.

If you find a truck you like, get it inspected and pay to haul it. These are old vehicles and ALL need some type of work. You don't want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Old September 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Crazy Fish
Sean

Registry
Wyoming? Do you know $100 Ed from Dubois, drives a red completely reworked 109? Also, who owns a 90 about 15 miles towards Jackson - although last time I think I saw a Disco in it's place......
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:00 PM
SonofSaturn
Will I am
None

Crazy Fish - I don't know $100 Ed, though I would be interested in hearing the story about his name if you have a tick to tell it. As for the 90, 109, or disco in Dubois, the last time I rolled through it was dark and the pass was filled with moose! Get at me if you think it would be worth tracking him down or contacting ... cheers!!!

rrc.swb - I called about the SII in Va and Ted was very honest about the current condition of the vehicle. He said he bought her on impulse and regretfully when he washed her down found that the frame and firewall were in poor condition. Glad I don't have to think about driving her xc anymore!!! Thanks for the advise!

Thanks again to all out there, this a great site, and a solid forum. Jake from Rover's in the Hole informed of the site and told me the Rover community is a tight knit group of FOLKS. He was right!

Cheers
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:09 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Will,

Just saw this on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270831363288

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Tags
series