RHD wings on LHD Series III whats the difference - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Old January 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
RHD wings on LHD Series III whats the difference

Im looking for a set of wings for my 109 project and have found a pair from a RHD.

My question besides the hole for the heater inlet what is the difference in the wings and will it be a swap for my Series.

My 109 is a 67 that is converted to power brakes, I am converting it to late IIa III fenders, as I want the headlights out board the rad panel.

Thanks guys and gals.

Cheers Ed
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Don't recall any other differences. But, why change to the later wings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka rover View Post
Im looking for a set of wings for my 109 project and have found a pair from a RHD.

My question besides the hole for the heater inlet what is the difference in the wings and will it be a swap for my Series.

My 109 is a 67 that is converted to power brakes, I am converting it to late IIa III fenders, as I want the headlights out board the rad panel.

Thanks guys and gals.

Cheers Ed
Old January 26th, 2012, 03:54 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

The headlights will be aimed wrong. Other than that, I can't think of anything. Maybe the tops are cut slightly different for the booster, but I don't think so.
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2012, 04:34 PM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
Don't recall any other differences. But, why change to the later wings?
The reason for the conversion to later wings is two things one I think the night time visibility is better with lights on wings.
The other reason is Im doing a diesel swap and want the extra room in rad support for a intercooler. So this seemed like an easy enough way to get my room and better night driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
The headlights will be aimed wrong. Other than that, I can't think of anything. Maybe the tops are cut slightly different for the booster, but I don't think so.
so sounds like not to big of a deal to swap on.

Thanks Ed
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

Old January 26th, 2012, 06:07 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

One other thing, the hole, if there is one, for a heater, would be on the wrong side.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Tags
lhd, rhd, series, series iii, wing