Reversing polarity on Jaeger amp meter? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 9th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb
Reversing polarity on Jaeger amp meter?

So now that I have the 65A alternator in the truck the meter pegged at the bottom for a while there; I was concerned that the meter had gone haywire. Now I realize that it was working properly in that the alternator was charging above the (measly) 30 amps on the gauge AND it is a positive earth gauge. That is to say that it is reading backwards, upside down, whatever you want to call it, so that when it is charging, the gauge reads that it is discharging.
Now I know this is all pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of things...the Series gauges are for entertainment purposes and not for actual systems monitoring. I do wonder tho, if one can change the polarity of the reading? Would it mean switching the wires end-for-end so the "flow" is going the other way?

Bill Adams

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"

All my troubles are Rover
Old September 9th, 2014, 12:00 PM
1985 LR 90 200Tdi
just change um round bill, but come on and get with the 19th century and replace with a volt meter, or you building for pebble beach?
Edward Teach is the Blackbeard, and is a member of the Birmabright Brotherhood.

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 FHC

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions