Opinions on this '67 - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Old August 23rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Oh sorry, I thought I saw Craig offer to drive 1668 miles for gas money. My bad
Got nothing better to do these days!

Yeah - I thought it was in VA...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
You mean the license plate?

It's from Virginia. Antique tags.

------ Follow up post added August 23rd, 2012 12:52 PM ------

Also, when did these pictures were taken?

There is snow on the ground.
Ok, Confederate State... Close enough?

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ View Post
Thanks for the notes, gents!

Seller wants $8867 for it. Why 8867 instead of 8800 or 8900 I wonder?

What I really want is a diesel 110 but I love these old Rovers. They're like a pair of blue jeans you've worn for years. I would never paint it!

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3204300980.html
He put out that figure because it's an 88 inch from 1967. Not an arbitrary figure, but also probably not what he expects it to sell for. He is expecting that someone knowledgeable in Series Rovers will make a reasonable cash offer. I would throw out $6000 and see what happens. If he has proof that the engine is good as in a recent leak down and compression test along with record of work on the brakes and clutch and stuff that one would normally expect to have to redo as a matter of course when buying a vintage car, then maybe go a little higher.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
UnfrozenCaveman
Keith Armstrong
Various

Sheesh...CO / Va, that's almost the same right?

Hans, you know Pete (Aloharover), right?

He's there in CO Springs and has loads of Series truck experience.

...yes, and that extra door sitting in my garage really needs to get boxed up and sent out there too...

KAA
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
]-[ @ n $
Hans
Hunting

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfrozenCaveman View Post
Hans, you know Pete (Aloharover), right?
I don't.

Quote:
He's there in CO Springs and has loads of Series truck experience.
Then I'm guessing we'll meet soon enough.

Quote:
...yes, and that extra door sitting in my garage really needs to get boxed up and sent out there too...

KAA
Noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
He put out that figure because it's an 88 inch from 1967. Not an arbitrary figure, but also probably not what he expects it to sell for. He is expecting that someone knowledgeable in Series Rovers will make a reasonable cash offer. I would throw out $6000 and see what happens. If he has proof that the engine is good as in a recent leak down and compression test along with record of work on the brakes and clutch and stuff that one would normally expect to have to redo as a matter of course when buying a vintage car, then maybe go a little higher.
Thanks a bunch, Bill.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:00 PM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
If it's on a galvy frame and the bulkhead is in decent shape, 8k is a good price. From the pics, it looks clean and straight, and the engine compartment looks pretty unmolested as well. Id need lots more pics though or Id need to see it in person and give it a drive.

But like I said, if the frame/bulkhead are in good shape corrosion-wise and the engine runs fairly well, you're good to go, these things are simple simple to repair.

~Steve
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
It looks really good in the pics. There are a few deficiencies here and there, but nothing that would prevent me from making a cash offer. That's easily a truck that could be made to sell for big dough if that's what you want to do. As a driver it looks like it wouldn't need very much.
Even though it has Station Wagon badging, it doesn't appear to have been a SW originally. Big give away being the hood tie points on the tub side which SWs did not have, and tailgate mounts on the rear cross member. Could be a later tub, who knows. Also a SW will have a full headliner, complete set of trim panels inside, side bolsters on the roof, lined footwells, Tunnel cover, folding bench seats in the back, a rear step, load space mat, deluxe dished bonnet with spare, Smith's heater and defrost vents, sliding side windows, full rear door with grab handle and remote latch release, um...what else...
It does have the SW roof and sunsheet, so again, it may be a mashup. The spare carrier on the rear door appears to be mounted too low. SW did not have that as OE as the spare was bonnet mounted.
Your list just guaranteed my truck as a factory station wagon, or atleast a very clever disguise. lol

To the OP, it would just be a little concerning to me as to why it sits on a galvy frame, you generally do not go through the trouble of putting one on if the original frame is in good shape, do it would leave me to believe that the original was rusty, and generally if a frame gets rusty enough to be replaced the bulkhead will suffer as well, so I would take a good hard look at the bulkhead and the rest of the steel bits on it for rust.
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM
]-[ @ n $
Hans
Hunting

Registry
Seller never responded to my inquiry. Oh well. I think I may have found something a little better suited to my needs anyway.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions