No electrical power??? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Old April 19th, 2012, 08:23 PM
bar11
rob grentz
1994 defender 90

No electrical power???

I have a 94 NAS d90 and have had it on a battery tender for the winter and started it occasionally but today I went out to actually drive and there was no power?? I mean nothing no lights no radio. No flashers and nothing when the key is turned? Is there a main fuse? Or something any help is much appreciated Thanks in advance Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2012, 10:26 PM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
Maybe your truck has a smnall small short, that has gotten worse to the point where the batt got drained. Or a crappy connection to one of the batteries posts or main cable connections. Or your battery just died.

Does the ignition switch feel fine? Mine once spilled its guts out the back if I recall, and I had nothing. (Besides a new problem!!)

let us know what you find..
~Steve
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:59 PM
bar11
rob grentz
1994 defender 90

Thanks for all the great advise but I'm a goof the battery was super dead i assumed that since it was on a trickle charge it would be fine not thinking the charger may have gone bad..... yeah I know what assume means thanks again ROB I do have a small short that drains the battery in about a week so I'm going to put a main on/off switch in that seams like the easiest fix as I can't find where it's draing from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Bricktop
Jon Paulikonis
1998 Discovery

Registry
My 109 has some kind of small short - battery is charged enough to start for a few days, but if it sits for a week, it needs a jump.

I'm an electrical troglodyte, so one thing that has helped are those high tension battery disconnects that use the big red plastic / metal contact keys. They're great and very reliable, so my 109 will be getting one soon.

I got mine from Matthew Savage - great guy to deal with.

Good luck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Tags
electrical