Hi Lift Jack External Lockable Mount Suggesstions - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Old May 4th, 2015, 12:54 AM
Alaskantinbender
jim
63 series 2A 109 3 door

Registry
Nice pics TeriAnn, I like the hi lift cover. Sorry, a bit of a thread hijack. Your swing away upper lift gate is very interesting. How is the tail gate for getting in and out of the rear of the truck camping?
I like the tailgate for working with the truck but hesitate changing from the swing open door it as it seems to be harder to climb in and out for camping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
Since one of the pictures of your examples is my truck I suppose I should reply.

I just went out and took some new and better detail pictures of how I mounted my hi-lift jack. I added those to my web page along with additional text. The jack mount has been on the truck for 18 years now and has been on a lot of long off road trips under just about every weather condition without any issue beyond needing to occasionally lube the lock.

If you want to see how mine is mounted the pictures are near the bottom of the web page:

TeriAnn's Land Rover expedition snapshots

The pictures have just been uploaded so may take a couple house to get to your local server.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, mount