Trade my Sony Vaio UX180P Micro PC for Netbook - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old March 27th, 2007, 12:18 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Trade my Sony Vaio UX180P Micro PC for Netbook

Generally I don't post non-rover related items here but I need to generate some cash so while I try to get a Rover related garage sale listing together, figure I'd toss these 2 laptops out here.

------------------------

SOLD
Dell Inspiron B130 I bought new in April 2006. (will be the first pictured laptop below)
1.50 Intel Celeron M
Upgraded HD to 80GB
Upgraded memory to 1GB
15.4 WXGA LCD (1280x800 resolution on LCD)
8x DVD+/-RW drive
Built in Broadcomm wireless card
3 USB2 ports
Original warranty expires next month but if interested, I can have it extended for whatever the additional cost is from Dell.

There was so many extra BS programs on it when I got it, I reformated the machine and have just been running a clean build of WinXP SP2, anti-virus, office, and Roxio writing software on it. I can reload with a clean XP build, all the system drivers and burning software. If you want to rebuild it yourself, I will send a CD with all the drivers I downloaded for it.

Would like $550.00 and I will include insured Fedex delivery
SOLD

------------------------

Sony Vaio UX180P Micro PC. I dont really want to sell it, but could use the money if someone here is interested. Bought new from a Sony Style store in Sept '06. I was using it for all my internet connections via the built in Cingular Wireless National EDGE Network card while I was traveling and before my hi-speed got hooked up at the house. Since then, I rarely touch it and never got around to loading the Topo software and GPS stuff on it for an in-car computer.

Full funtioning Windows XP Pro SP2 with a complement of software from Sony on it. Also has a complete restore partition so if you mess it up, you can restore it the way it comes out of the box. To be honest, I havent tried it yet and was not going to unless it sells.

I am not sure if it transfers, but I also bought the optional 2 year accidental drop/damage replacement/repair plan which covers the unit if you drop it and break it, including coverage on the LCD (which is not covered under the regular warranty). Have all the included items (dock, expansion cable for NIC connection, manuals, reciept with the extra coverage warranty paperwork)

Ok.. here's the Nerd-speak specs:
Sony Vaio UX180P Micro PC
- Intel Centrino Mobile Ultra Low Voltage 1.20GHZ processor
- 512MB RAm installed (512MB max)
- 4.5" XBRITE Touch Screen SVGA LCD (1024x600 onscreen resolution)
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 w/128MB Video RAM
- 30GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive w/G-Sensor Shock Protection
- 64 key Keyboard
- 2 Built-in Cameras (front: 0.3M pixels and back: 1.3M pixels)
- Built-in microphone and speakers
- 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet Port
- Intel® PRO/Wireless Network Connection (802.11a/b/g)
- Integrated Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN) accessing Cingular Wireless National EDGE Network with SmartWi technology (Wireless WAN and Wireless LAN radio do not transmit simultaneously)
- Integrated Bluetooth
- Standard Lithium-ion Battery (@ 2.5-4.5 hours life depending on your power saving settings)
- Headphone Jack
- i.LINK Interface
- Memory Stick Media Slot (Supports Memory Stick DUO media w/MagicGate)
- Port Replicator Connector
- USB Port (2.0 compliant)
- Biometric Fingerprint Sensor
- Screen stylus
- @ 4-5 months left on the original 1 Year Limited Warranty

Original Software that should all be restored after the system recovery is run:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional with SP2
Anti-Virus and Recovery Software : Norton Internet Security 60-Day Subscription - Norton AntiVirus, Norton Personal Firewall, Norton Privacy Control, Norton AntiSpam, Norton Parental Control
TrendMicro Anti-Spyware (30-Day Trial)
VAIO Recovery Wizard
VAIO Support Central
VAIO Security Center
VAIO Update
Microsoft Works 8.5
60-Day Trial Version of Microsoft® Office 200310
60-Day Trial Version of Microsoft® Digital Image Starter Edition 200614
Sony® Original Software : Image Converter - PSP Transfer
SmartWi Connection Manager
SonicStage - Digital Music
VAIO Media - Network File Sharing
VAIO Touch Launcher
60-minute Trial Version of Jeopardy
60-minute Trial Version of Wheel of Fortune

Sony info link: http://b2b.sony.com/Solutions/product/VGN-UX180P

Would like to get $1600.00 (that includes insured FedEx shipping)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UX180P_3.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	8810  
Attached Images

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2007, 11:15 PM
vpod
Vaun Podlogar
D110 NAS 4.6

great price for the Sony

That is a very good price for the UX - Where were you 2 weeks ago! I just bought one but it was $2299...
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:24 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Bumping an old thread on a long shot.

Since I still have this Sony UX180P collecting dust, figured I would offer it up for trade for a current model HP/Dell Mini/Netbook if someone has one.

I'll simply do a straight trade its as listed above but its sat for so long, the battery has died so you would need to buy a replacement through Sony, eBay or other battery replacement vendor if you want to use it unplugged/undocked. The warranty is no longer in effect.

Follow-up Post:

Pfft.. never mind I guess.. just looked on ebay and the prices for this model are not great so not hopeful someone will jump on it.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market