Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 20th, 2012, 10:47 PM
eco 45
Scott Oncken
running or non?
Toyota 79 Series Project with 1HD-T Diesel Engine

Bought this 79 Series Project a while back, but realistically for my personal projects I cannot fit it into my schedule until middle of 2014. So instead of having it just sit around I thought I would offer it up here in case someone wanted a mostly completed project to play with. If someone wanted me to finish the work I could work it into the schedule in about a year…so sometime next summer. Here is what the project consists of:
-79 Series Body
-80 Series frame modified by Proffitt’s for the 79 Series Body, 1HD-T and powder coated with Title
-1HD-T diesel engine from Japan with automatic and t-case with around 50 K miles on them
-Complete LHD 70 Series dash and wiring harness
-seat belts, mirrors and snorkel
-Custom sliders and rear bumper by Proffit’s also powder coated
-rebuilt axles and brakes
-New OME springs and shocks
-new 79 Series ARB bumper—was going to modify to fit 80 series frame
-5 Toyota Rims
-Custom rear fuel tank
Don’t need to sell, but just offering a project with the major fabrication complete for those that like to play with tools to complete the rest. For the truck to run and drive will need wiring, drive lines, fuel system and cooling system. If the truck doesn’t sell it will eventually be put into a build schedule. I have $30,000.00 into the truck and that is what I am trying to get out of it. Truck is located in Central OR and I might be able to help transport the truck within a 500 miles range from my shop for a fee. All parts can fit inside the truck bed for shipping. Additional photos here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5611.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	57865   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5558.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	57866  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5556.JPG