Looks like it's "ibjettin" rig.
------ Follow up post added February 8th, 2011 11:15 AM ------
Land Rover Series/Defender Project - $3500 (San Jose)
Date: 2011-02-07, 7:56PM PST
Reply to: email@example.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
Reluctantly I am selling my Land Rover Defender 110/109 Series project. It started out as a 1962 Series that was going to convert to a Hybrid Defender. (Hybrid by using a 1993 Range Rover Long Wheel Base County chassis) I was going to weld on Series outriggers and rear crossmember to fit the Series tub and front bulkhead. Everything else was going to be a mixture of Series and Defender parts. Unfortunately due to funds, time and losing my garage/shop I will have to let this project go for someone else to complete. I have been accumulating parts, and although most are there, it is not complete.
It would take someone familiar with the Series Land Rovers and Defenders to complete. That being said, I am not a Rover specialist but have a pretty good grasp of what I was getting into and what it would take to complete. You will end up with a really nice Defender 110 look alike without having to pay Defender prices.
It comes with a Bill of Sale from the owner I bought the 1962 Series from. It had been in storage on his side yard for 10yrs., the owner before that had it sitting for more than 7. I doubt it is in the CA DMV system anymore, and a Bill of Sale should be all that is needed to get the title. I also have the title for the 1993 Range Rover LWB. I never registered either vehicle in my name. I will not guarantee that this is an easy vehicle to just walk in and register, I am not familiar with what that process would be, so this is more a parts sell off than a vehicle. Research and be sure this is something you can build without having trouble with DMV.
Now for the fun stuff and a list of what is included:
* 2 Series rear tubs
* Series windshield
* New Defender 110 Windshield (not in pictures)
* Rear Series door with spare tire carrier
* Rear Series window sections (some missing/broken glass)
* Rear Series window section that has been modified with Defender sliding glass
* 2 spare Defender rear side sliding glass
* 2 spare rear glass (small windows on each side of the door)
* Replacement glass for rear door
* 2 rear Defender doors with windows, latches, hinges and door panels
* 4 front Defender door skins (2 green, 2 tan) with extra glass, inner frame with window mechanism, door panels, and latches
* Brand new Defender 110 door frames (attaches from bulkhead to rear tub with the lower A pillar, B pillar and lower C pillar)
* Defender front hood with spare tire mounts
* Series front complete fenders modified with the Defender headlights
* Front grill and hood/radiator support
* 2 spare outer fenders, one brand new
* Series front seat box
* Modified Series bulkhead (dash removed)
* Series floor panels
* Rear Series bench seat
* Defender 110 rock sliders
* Defender front bumper with brush bar
* Defender rear bumper/step/tow
* Defender wiring harness
* Set of brand new lights (and some spare used lights Ė brake, tails, turn)
* Brand new front outriggers (not welded on)
* Lower Series body panels (that run from bulkhead to tub under the door frames)
* Defender 110 wiper motor
* Range Rover steering column (with wiper and turn stalks)
* (4)16Ē Land Rover alloy wheels and center caps with off-road tires
* 4 Land Rover alloy wheels with center caps (no tires)
* 4 Defender mirrors
* Series vent screens
* 1993 Rang Rover chassis with coiler suspension, disc brakes, Land Rover 4.2 liter V8 (fuel injected with computer) automatic transmission. Air suspension canister attachedThis motor ran and the truck drove before disassembly.
* Air conditioning pump
* Range Rover radiator
* Rang Rover headlamps
* Many Rangie parts were kept for the interior like seat belts, nuts, bolts (too many to list)
* Box of misc screws, nuts and bolts from taking apart the Series. All needed to bolt the body together
* Many, many other misc. parts I did not list
I hate seeing this go, but such is life and other things have taken priority. This is a great opportunity for someone to pick up where I left off. Thereís really not that much more parts needed and most of them can be fabricated if you are knowledgeable. I got it to a point here I was going to weld on the front outriggers and fit the bulkhead and either order or make the rear outriggers. These trucks just bolt all together, only Welding is the outriggers, rear crossmember, and a few days to assemble everything together (being optimistic). The Defender parts fit with the older Series with no, or very little modifications.
These parts are not new, other than what was mentioned as brand new. If you are familiar the Series and Defenders than you have a great head start. Throughout this project I have research and talked with several people that are familiar and know that this could be completed at much less than what I have into it already. This is not a Defender 110 and I am not trying to sell it as one. This is a hybrid project that would look very much like a 110 when completed.
I am asking $3,500 OBO for all. I have much more into this with the parts and time. I will also consider partial trades. Ask, the worst I can do is say no
Please no low ballers or overseas offers, etc. Also, I WILL NOT PART THIS OUT, I am selling everything to one buyer. Unfortunately I just donít have time and patience to go through every part and try to find what I paid or what it is worth. Again, please do not email if you are only looking for parts, I will not respond. Also, if you canít pick it up than you are too far away. I do not want to ship nor email with a buyer than cannot come to inspect the parts personally. Local sale only, I will make exceptions if you have a friend or family member that will inspect and deal with me directly for you.
Not trying to sound like a jerk, Iím just being realistic and honest so you donít waste any of your own time. I put a lot of my own time and effort to be clear and present photo's of all the parts I have. If you click the link below I have a site with this info listed and more photo's.
I am located in south San Jose, CA