The rover shop is for sale... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old July 28th, 2014, 10:30 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

The rover shop is for sale...

Its time for me to head back home and take care of my aging parents..(this was a stopover on a round the world working holiday that was supposed to only be 3 years in total..it's. Now been 23 years).. The shop is just over 5000 sq ft and is actually 3 separate physical addresses (so it could be sublet again..).secure Parking spaces for 20 vehicles but more like 26.. Downtown ft lauderdale on the main road into the city between i-95 and US-1... Very high car count on a daily basis and right next to a traffic light so cars are stopping all the time.. Shop has 5 2 post lifts and 2 4 posters.. 9 designated bays in total.. Multiple parts room, large offices. I own everything outright and do not lease anything.. All equipment and most tools are included.. Including pipe benders, plasma cutter, mig, oxy and wire feed welder a, large cut off chop saws.. Electric hacksaw machines..large shop compressors...basically everything needed for a large turn key ready to go european car repair shop with fabricating equipment.. All licenses etc are up to date, comes with multiple cars, some parts cars and some delivery cars.. A shoot load of land rover parts etc etc etc... I have made a VERY good living from my shop and I only open 5 days a week.. You could make a killing with new blood pumped in and extended hours.. I had to the name of the rover shop as most of you would know from my land rover litigation that was highly publicized so it is now called prestige european.. So it doesn't have to specifically be for land rovers... Do whatcha want and play... Business is being sold as equipment and leasehold only.. Trust me.. You don't want my land rover skeletons following you..lol.. I can stay on for up to 6 months to show you the ropes.. And all of my employees stay also if you desire..I have 5 good guys but you are going to need to bring another "me" in as I do most of the more interesting diagnostics.. I am fully ASE master tech certified and my license can stay on there as record..(required to have shop license in broward county) Owner financing is available but only with a large chunk down.. I also have access to.... Multiple land rover website domain names that can be transferred over also (without contradicting my agreement with land rover that I will not use them...not that they even know I have them...lol).. If you want more info and you are not a spy for land rover corporate let me know and I can do what I can to get you the information..

------ Follow up post added July 28th, 2014 10:34 AM ------

P.S... I may take a later model RHD defender 130 in partial trade also...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2014, 10:44 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

What's that..???.. You would love to buy this but you don't have a place to live in here in ft lauderdale... Boy, this is your lucky day... I will also sell (and at a very reasonable price) my house.. 3 bedroom 2 bath corner lot house with a 600 sq ft garage, fully workshop fitted.. Minus the car lift..lol..parking for 8 cars (or boats)..
Old July 28th, 2014, 11:40 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Best of luck to you. As someone who's been all thru the elder care thing, I can tell you that it will be one of your greatest life challenges.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2014, 11:52 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Dood... When I saw the Subject line I thought this shit was a late April's Fools...

Sorry to see you go. Good luck with your parents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old July 28th, 2014, 12:08 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Steady on there chaps...in my best Monty Python voice....I'm not dead yet... I don't anticipate going anywhere too soon... And who says I will be leaving the forums..you but threads don't know where I'm posting from already..so I could still throw in my 2 cents worth from anywhere in the world..lol..

And thanks for the wishes about my parents.. They are still in pretty good health at the moment (well the ones who aren't dead..) but I know at some point in time that could change quickly.. Just need to be prepared to be closer at hand for them..plus I still need to get another business started up again in OZ when I get there..eventually.. I still have a round the world trip to complete..that should kill another 3 years or so..
Old July 28th, 2014, 12:32 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Sorry to see you go (eventually) Shayne. Good luck on ya travels mate!!
Old July 28th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
dont your parents know the entire western world retires in Florida? buy them a beach condo and fly them out!

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old July 28th, 2014, 01:07 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Steady on there chaps...in my best Monty Python voice....I'm not dead yet... I don't anticipate going anywhere too soon... And who says I will be leaving the forums..you but threads don't know where I'm posting from already..so I could still throw in my 2 cents worth from anywhere in the world..lol..

And thanks for the wishes about my parents.. They are still in pretty good health at the moment (well the ones who aren't dead..) but I know at some point in time that could change quickly.. Just need to be prepared to be closer at hand for them..plus I still need to get another business started up again in OZ when I get there..eventually.. I still have a round the world trip to complete..that should kill another 3 years or so..
Sheet... They have interwebs in Auzzie? Who knew?!?!?!

Old July 28th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
I think the real question is the price.
Old July 28th, 2014, 01:50 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
I think the real question is the price.

The bar is easier in Florida
Old July 28th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I think this would be a good venture for Pedro (inventory control), Lav (CEO/Marketing), Brooks (restoration & new product design), and get Slaughter in to hire mechanics and client entertainment....you're all set at that point...Multi-Billion Dollar Company!
Old July 28th, 2014, 02:28 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Man... You do that and it's definitely the making for a reality show... Duck dynasty look out...lol..
Old July 28th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
The bar is easier in Florida
Is there a Boost club in Florida? That's the real reason for moving to NYC.
Old July 28th, 2014, 02:33 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

I don't think it would be prudent of me to post the asking price on this thread... These threads have prying eyes....lol.. If interested send me a pm and we can chat....

------ Follow up post added July 28th, 2014 02:36 PM ------

You could start your own boost club...and post pics of boosts all year round...none of that...here's a pic of my boosts stuck in a 4 foot snow drift..
Old July 28th, 2014, 02:49 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
I think this would be a good venture for Pedro (inventory control), Lav (CEO/Marketing), Brooks (restoration & new product design), and get Slaughter in to hire mechanics and client entertainment....you're all set at that point...Multi-Billion Dollar Company!
Watch out bitches... Ft Lauderdale will never be the same.

Goose can be the CFO.

Old July 28th, 2014, 02:55 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Lol.. I was just about to say that there has to be a spot for goose..lol... You could have Barry and Neil as head of outside marketing and PR.. Of course they would need an expense account..

------ Follow up post added July 28th, 2014 02:57 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
With that team, I could be the consultant that shows up once a quarter.

-Jeff
Leaving that motley crew alone for 3 months at a time....god only knows what you would show up TO...
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
With that team, I could be the consultant that shows up once a quarter.

-Jeff
You could be in charge of finance (CFO)...work remotely and attend quarterly meetings...company plane of course...

Goose would be off shore finance.
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:28 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
A true Rover Dream Team

Old July 28th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Talking

A group of us D90 members should quit our jobs and buy the business.
I've got great machining skills to bring to the table...lol

Old July 28th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
A group of us D90 members should quit our jobs and buy the business.
I've got great machining skills to bring to the table...lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
for sale