Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old November 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
"Bidder fell through" and it's back on eBay. Surprise. My avatar lives on!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 4th, 2011, 06:19 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
The interesting thing is that the high bidder bid on 8 different vehicles and won 3...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old December 4th, 2011, 09:08 AM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
Back up...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-RE...86169019#v4-41
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Himalaya
Mark WS
1995 Nas, 86 D110, 97 Hummer H1

To set the record straight. Yes it is a late lla. The original BBQ grill went with the sale. The 3 grill looks better.

I was driving down the M5 in Britain and saw it for sale. After speaking with the builder and realizing how many hours and money went into creating this rover for a camping demo, I bought it on the spot. It has the quietest motor I have ever heard. Amazingly clean.
I did not build it, and yes there are a few items which are not vintage correct. SO WHAT.
The roll cage is for climbing on the truck and to better support the camping element. Most people buy vehicles because they like the way it looks. I don't think anyone buys a vintage rover because they are comfortable or because of the ride.

It was not up to our standards as far as build quality. But again, I did not build it. Still, a heck of a nice truck for the money. Not everyone wants to spend hundreds of frustrating hours building their own.

The green series ll we sold to a guy in California, who immediately got a contract to have the 88 in a Ralph Lauren commercial. So he is making back about half what it cost. That one was better than factory.

The goof ball with the hat is my friend who agreed to pose with it. Okay, yeah it was cheesy, I admit. But hey, its pix that sell a truck. Hire a pro if you want to sell yours. It works. But your vehicle needs to measure up as well.

Best. Mark
Old February 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
From that site, anyone have any idea what cage this is below?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post

Also, that may be the cleanest Series truck I've ever seen.

Looks like that truck (or one made by them/very similar) is at ECR for some repairs. Apparently it was $110k!!

http://facebook.com/pages/ECR-East-Coast-Rover-Co/154742754577643?id=154742754577643&refsrc=http%3A% 2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl&_rdr#~!/profile.php?154742754577643
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Yeah and now the new owner apparently has a 6 page checklist of REPAIRS! to what was done to a $110K truck....awesome job by Himalayan....WOW!!!!!!
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Dilks
Derek Dilks
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB BB

Curious how sales are going for Himalayan trucks. Seems like the site is not updated much (the about section is funny) Clearly not Marks full time business. But good for doing something you love, I think. I still say if ECR had a lot full of $150-$200k Defender 110's they'd all sell. Why Copley doesn't order a dozen at a time I'm not sure... Maybe it's simply production capacity. Keith told me why once but I forget.
Old March 18th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Dilks
Derek Dilks
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB BB

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...t=13894&page=2

Realized I already asked this question on here once...... Sorry

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
series