Say it ain't so, Jay! 1994 Arles Blue ST - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old November 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM
JPBrown
James Brown
91 & 2000-110 -93 130 wagon, 88 d90

I saw this truck recently when Jay bought the roof rack from me..VERY nice truck! The new wagon doors look great and it was spotless inside & out. I also got to drive it and it runs perfect. I hope it goes to a good home..I wish I could buy it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Ron Mexico
Ryan
LR3

the ebay ad says it's no longer for sale, maybe it sold locally?
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:24 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Dude, PM/e-mail Jay and get the ball rolling already. He'll know more current info on the truck than any of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2011, 01:27 AM
jaygoss
Jay Goss
'60 Series II Station Wagon

Sorry I've been out of touch- my company laid off some folks and I'm now doing the work of three people...but glad I have my job! I know the covert ebay/Josh uncovering paparazzi style may have been unexpected but I'll be honest- I panicked. Three months ago my wife gave birth to our first child and it changed my perspective a bit. Some of you may have chimed in on a thread where I was considering selling the D90 and getting into a 110 or 130 tdi with more room for the family. I had fantasies of swindling Goose out of his red 110 or finding Shrek somehow and bringing him back to the this board. I threw the D90 on Hemmings at a pretty optimistic price just for the heck of it but never thought it would go anywhere. Then my company announced there was an impending layoff and my new-found provider instinct kicked in. I put both Rovers on ebay for maximum exposure and went into full liquidation mode. As luck would have it a local guy from Ft Collins who drives a Range Rover and has been looking for a nice D90 came into the picture. He took Grover for a spin and offered what I considered to be a fair price and we struck a deal. He comes to get the car tomorrow- a day which will not be one of the happiest days for me but I think I'm doing the right thing for now until the uncertainty in my field settles a bit. To be perfectly honest, I consider many of you to be my friend and I felt this was not the place to try and recoup the maximum out of a car; it's a place where you offer the "bro' deal" to your friends and I just couldn't afford to do that this time. In the end I was able to unload the car and recoup some equity and a nice guy named Matt (who will probably be introducing himself here shortly) will be very happy with his mint D90. So that's pretty much the meat of it. I know I'm going to regret selling this car- much like its' former owners have in the past but at least I feel like I did everything I could do for my wife and son if it hits the fan. I'm hoping I can stick around Defender-less for a short stint and harass as many of you as possible (like someone we all know here) until the day I post pics of the next defender. Hopefully that won't be too long from now. Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support through this.

ps: Josh- your ninja skills have waned a bit and I'm a little worried about you, buddy. Looking at the timeline. that ebay add hit the wire at least 2 full days before you posted here. You need to step up your A-game; very disappointing.
1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
2000 Disco SII (sold)
1995 RR Classic SWB TWR edition (sold)
Old November 17th, 2011, 06:43 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Jay congrats on the sale! I was giving you a two-day grace to get your butt on here and make that Defender sale legitimate! I think I was also a little overwhelmed by seeing FOUR Arles Blue 90's on eBay all at once!!
Old November 17th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Ron Mexico
Ryan
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I think I was also a little overwhelmed by seeing FOUR Arles Blue 90's on eBay all at once!!
There is one Blue '94 in Oregon, where are the other 2?

Looks like I got to Jay too late, selfishly, I hope his sale falls through...
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Hmm, it's not showing me completed listings, but there's the one in Canada that's still up, so that makes 2 others currently.
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Birdman
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygoss View Post
Sorry I've been out of touch- my company laid off some folks and I'm now doing the work of three people...but glad I have my job! I know the covert ebay/Josh uncovering paparazzi style may have been unexpected but I'll be honest- I panicked. Three months ago my wife gave birth to our first child and it changed my perspective a bit. Some of you may have chimed in on a thread where I was considering selling the D90 and getting into a 110 or 130 tdi with more room for the family. I had fantasies of swindling Goose out of his red 110 or finding Shrek somehow and bringing him back to the this board. I threw the D90 on Hemmings at a pretty optimistic price just for the heck of it but never thought it would go anywhere. Then my company announced there was an impending layoff and my new-found provider instinct kicked in. I put both Rovers on ebay for maximum exposure and went into full liquidation mode. As luck would have it a local guy from Ft Collins who drives a Range Rover and has been looking for a nice D90 came into the picture. He took Grover for a spin and offered what I considered to be a fair price and we struck a deal. He comes to get the car tomorrow- a day which will not be one of the happiest days for me but I think I'm doing the right thing for now until the uncertainty in my field settles a bit. To be perfectly honest, I consider many of you to be my friend and I felt this was not the place to try and recoup the maximum out of a car; it's a place where you offer the "bro' deal" to your friends and I just couldn't afford to do that this time. In the end I was able to unload the car and recoup some equity and a nice guy named Matt (who will probably be introducing himself here shortly) will be very happy with his mint D90. So that's pretty much the meat of it. I know I'm going to regret selling this car- much like its' former owners have in the past but at least I feel like I did everything I could do for my wife and son if it hits the fan. I'm hoping I can stick around Defender-less for a short stint and harass as many of you as possible (like someone we all know here) until the day I post pics of the next defender. Hopefully that won't be too long from now. Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support through this.

ps: Josh- your ninja skills have waned a bit and I'm a little worried about you, buddy. Looking at the timeline. that ebay add hit the wire at least 2 full days before you posted here. You need to step up your A-game; very disappointing.
Congrats on the sale, Jay, I guess I'm late in chiming in since it's gone, but I can attest to what a nice rig this is as I have seen it and driven it. Everything was done right- no corners were cut. It looked like the blue sibling of mine!
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM
jaygoss
Jay Goss
'60 Series II Station Wagon

Thanks Bird! Sorry we never hooked up to wheel. I'll drop you a line when I've figured out its' replacement.
1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
2000 Disco SII (sold)
1995 RR Classic SWB TWR edition (sold)
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:03 PM
krbbp55
keith
none

is this still for sale?
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Birdman
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046