Say it ain't so, Jay! 1994 Arles Blue ST - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM
JPBrown's Avatar
JPBrown
Status: Offline
James Brown
91 & 2000-110 -93 130 wagon, 88 d90
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Posts: 338
I saw this truck recently when Jay bought the roof rack from me..VERY nice truck! The new wagon doors look great and it was spotless inside & out. I also got to drive it and it runs perfect. I hope it goes to a good home..I wish I could buy it!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Ron Mexico
Status: Offline
Ryan
LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 436
the ebay ad says it's no longer for sale, maybe it sold locally?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:24 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Dude, PM/e-mail Jay and get the ball rolling already. He'll know more current info on the truck than any of us.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:27 AM
jaygoss's Avatar
jaygoss
Status: Offline
Jay Goss
'60 Series II Station Wagon
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 363
Sorry I've been out of touch- my company laid off some folks and I'm now doing the work of three people...but glad I have my job! I know the covert ebay/Josh uncovering paparazzi style may have been unexpected but I'll be honest- I panicked. Three months ago my wife gave birth to our first child and it changed my perspective a bit. Some of you may have chimed in on a thread where I was considering selling the D90 and getting into a 110 or 130 tdi with more room for the family. I had fantasies of swindling Goose out of his red 110 or finding Shrek somehow and bringing him back to the this board. I threw the D90 on Hemmings at a pretty optimistic price just for the heck of it but never thought it would go anywhere. Then my company announced there was an impending layoff and my new-found provider instinct kicked in. I put both Rovers on ebay for maximum exposure and went into full liquidation mode. As luck would have it a local guy from Ft Collins who drives a Range Rover and has been looking for a nice D90 came into the picture. He took Grover for a spin and offered what I considered to be a fair price and we struck a deal. He comes to get the car tomorrow- a day which will not be one of the happiest days for me but I think I'm doing the right thing for now until the uncertainty in my field settles a bit. To be perfectly honest, I consider many of you to be my friend and I felt this was not the place to try and recoup the maximum out of a car; it's a place where you offer the "bro' deal" to your friends and I just couldn't afford to do that this time. In the end I was able to unload the car and recoup some equity and a nice guy named Matt (who will probably be introducing himself here shortly) will be very happy with his mint D90. So that's pretty much the meat of it. I know I'm going to regret selling this car- much like its' former owners have in the past but at least I feel like I did everything I could do for my wife and son if it hits the fan. I'm hoping I can stick around Defender-less for a short stint and harass as many of you as possible (like someone we all know here) until the day I post pics of the next defender. Hopefully that won't be too long from now. Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support through this.

ps: Josh- your ninja skills have waned a bit and I'm a little worried about you, buddy. Looking at the timeline. that ebay add hit the wire at least 2 full days before you posted here. You need to step up your A-game; very disappointing.
__________________
1960 Series II 88" SW
1994 D90 ST Arles Blue (sold)
1963 SIIa SWB (sold)
1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
2000 Disco SII (sold)
1995 RR Classic SWB TWR edition (sold)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old November 17th, 2011, 06:43 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Jay congrats on the sale! I was giving you a two-day grace to get your butt on here and make that Defender sale legitimate! I think I was also a little overwhelmed by seeing FOUR Arles Blue 90's on eBay all at once!!
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old November 17th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Ron Mexico
Status: Offline
Ryan
LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I think I was also a little overwhelmed by seeing FOUR Arles Blue 90's on eBay all at once!!
There is one Blue '94 in Oregon, where are the other 2?

Looks like I got to Jay too late, selfishly, I hope his sale falls through...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Hmm, it's not showing me completed listings, but there's the one in Canada that's still up, so that makes 2 others currently.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Birdman's Avatar
Birdman
Status: Offline
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 185
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygoss View Post
Sorry I've been out of touch- my company laid off some folks and I'm now doing the work of three people...but glad I have my job! I know the covert ebay/Josh uncovering paparazzi style may have been unexpected but I'll be honest- I panicked. Three months ago my wife gave birth to our first child and it changed my perspective a bit. Some of you may have chimed in on a thread where I was considering selling the D90 and getting into a 110 or 130 tdi with more room for the family. I had fantasies of swindling Goose out of his red 110 or finding Shrek somehow and bringing him back to the this board. I threw the D90 on Hemmings at a pretty optimistic price just for the heck of it but never thought it would go anywhere. Then my company announced there was an impending layoff and my new-found provider instinct kicked in. I put both Rovers on ebay for maximum exposure and went into full liquidation mode. As luck would have it a local guy from Ft Collins who drives a Range Rover and has been looking for a nice D90 came into the picture. He took Grover for a spin and offered what I considered to be a fair price and we struck a deal. He comes to get the car tomorrow- a day which will not be one of the happiest days for me but I think I'm doing the right thing for now until the uncertainty in my field settles a bit. To be perfectly honest, I consider many of you to be my friend and I felt this was not the place to try and recoup the maximum out of a car; it's a place where you offer the "bro' deal" to your friends and I just couldn't afford to do that this time. In the end I was able to unload the car and recoup some equity and a nice guy named Matt (who will probably be introducing himself here shortly) will be very happy with his mint D90. So that's pretty much the meat of it. I know I'm going to regret selling this car- much like its' former owners have in the past but at least I feel like I did everything I could do for my wife and son if it hits the fan. I'm hoping I can stick around Defender-less for a short stint and harass as many of you as possible (like someone we all know here) until the day I post pics of the next defender. Hopefully that won't be too long from now. Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support through this.

ps: Josh- your ninja skills have waned a bit and I'm a little worried about you, buddy. Looking at the timeline. that ebay add hit the wire at least 2 full days before you posted here. You need to step up your A-game; very disappointing.
Congrats on the sale, Jay, I guess I'm late in chiming in since it's gone, but I can attest to what a nice rig this is as I have seen it and driven it. Everything was done right- no corners were cut. It looked like the blue sibling of mine!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM
jaygoss's Avatar
jaygoss
Status: Offline
Jay Goss
'60 Series II Station Wagon
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 363
Thanks Bird! Sorry we never hooked up to wheel. I'll drop you a line when I've figured out its' replacement.
__________________
1960 Series II 88" SW
1994 D90 ST Arles Blue (sold)
1963 SIIa SWB (sold)
1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
2000 Disco SII (sold)
1995 RR Classic SWB TWR edition (sold)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:03 PM
krbbp55's Avatar
krbbp55
Status: Offline
keith
none
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: los angeles
Posts: 9
is this still for sale?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Birdman's Avatar
Birdman
Status: Offline
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 185
Registry
Aaahhhh no. You're 13 months late.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
1994, arles blue

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arles Blue ST - $19,500 OBO Auto Conversion rijosho The Flea Market 29 January 20th, 2013 10:34 PM
Opinions Needed: Arles Blue ST - Automatic rijosho Misc. Chit-Chat 22 October 9th, 2011 12:54 AM
1994 D-90 Arles Blue.... Campbell For Sale - Vehicles 17 July 20th, 2007 08:53 AM
1994 Arles Blue Campbell For Sale - Vehicles 6 October 17th, 2005 08:30 AM
Seeking Arles Blue, Yellow, Green, Red ST under $23k treydub Wanted 4 September 10th, 2005 08:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Copyright