Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old April 15th, 2015, 10:17 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Ten View Post
Anyone know what this actually sold for?
x2, I'd be curious to know too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2015, 11:46 PM
jomugi
Joshua
none

who knows what happened to this truck.
LAND ROVER DEFENDER 90 NAS ROLL OVER
Old September 22nd, 2015, 12:21 AM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
So... what is a salvage title D90 worth once someone buys it, and rebuilds it? Obviously with having been written off, the value is going to be a hell of a lot less, BUT... if it's repaired to original condition, what is it worth? With the Defender market where it is for NAS trucks, it's probably worth more than most other vehicles with the same background.

I wouldn't rush out to buy one just because it's cheap, but there are thousands that want into the Defender market, but can't afford the $40k + price tag.

I think it goes without saying, this board hosts more less the world leading experts on NAS trucks... (compared to the civilian public) so, I'm curious as to what "we" think a value on something like that is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2015, 07:41 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomugi View Post
who knows what happened to this truck. LAND ROVER DEFENDER 90 NAS ROLL OVER
Creed Evans knows - he's defenderwrecker or something like that on here. You'd passed it up in Feb when it was here.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 09:03 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN38 View Post
So... what is a salvage title D90 worth once someone buys it, and rebuilds it? Obviously with having been written off, the value is going to be a hell of a lot less, BUT... if it's repaired to original condition, what is it worth? With the Defender market where it is for NAS trucks, it's probably worth more than most other vehicles with the same background.

I wouldn't rush out to buy one just because it's cheap, but there are thousands that want into the Defender market, but can't afford the $40k + price tag.

I think it goes without saying, this board hosts more less the world leading experts on NAS trucks... (compared to the civilian public) so, I'm curious as to what "we" think a value on something like that is?
Without more details, it is like asking what is a NAS90 worth? What is a house worth? The devil is in the details. I have sold salvage NAS90 converted to other configurations for over $100k to a Rover dealer- many years ago. To get accurate info, you need accurate questions. Look at it this way- would you rather have a fully restored, basically new NAS90 with a salvage title, or a equal mile orig titled NAS90 rusted to crap? Just saying... I think each rig stands on it's own merit, and the buyer market dictates the real value in the end...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 12:57 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'd sure like a title and carcass...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old September 22nd, 2015, 03:28 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Without more details, it is like asking what is a NAS90 worth? What is a house worth? The devil is in the details. I have sold salvage NAS90 converted to other configurations for over $100k to a Rover dealer- many years ago. To get accurate info, you need accurate questions. Look at it this way- would you rather have a fully restored, basically new NAS90 with a salvage title, or a equal mile orig titled NAS90 rusted to crap? Just saying... I think each rig stands on it's own merit, and the buyer market dictates the real value in the end...
What is a NAS 90 worth? There is a range ... low to high (of course depending on the details and specifics) but more less you would expect to pay between $20,000 and $75,000 with exceptions of course.

Would a salvage vehicle command the same once repaired to "typical average" condition, that one that wasn't written off would? I would doubt it. It's the ultimate tool for a buyer to bargain with.

I'm really just speaking in round figures and "average" ballpark numbers. I think people are curious to see what a salvage goes for, because they know it's not going to be full pop, but if not, then what?

Like Real estate pricing... it's all about comparables, and what people are willing to pay... that's what it's worth.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:05 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
how long is a piece of string....

crikey, this debate on value of NAS trucks is waaaaaaaaay old.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:14 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
It's going to go on until there are none left.....

Straight up, if you were buying a rebuilt salvage, would you expect to pay the same as if it weren't never hit?

I wouldn't.

Seems nobody want's to answer that question.

I had someone ask if I would be interested in helping sell one (cause I know people that like Defenders, and know about them etc etc) I passed on it.

He thinks it's worth the same as one not written off, I don't. Am I wrong? It's in average shape, but if you are a Defender person, you can see some leftover tell tale signs...
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:26 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN38 View Post
It's going to go on until there are none left.....

Straight up, if you were buying a rebuilt salvage, would you expect to pay the same as if it weren't never hit?

I wouldn't.

Seems nobody want's to answer that question.

I had someone ask if I would be interested in helping sell one (cause I know people that like Defenders, and know about them etc etc) I passed on it.

He thinks it's worth the same as one not written off, I don't. Am I wrong? It's in average shape, but if you are a Defender person, you can see some leftover tell tale signs...
Good info here: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tml#post666349
Note post #5.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 05:52 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
thanks for the reference! =)
Old September 22nd, 2015, 06:16 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

If you are spending megabucks it never makes sense to start with salvage as it knocks off some percentage of the value and that will cover the spread in cost between a clean and salvage donor. If you are looking for a truck and want to save some pennies, a salvage defender is one of the few vehicles I would own salvage because it is so easy to fix them and replace parts. I mean frame replacements re downright common even in non-salvage. It is not like a unibody car where there will always be doubts as to whether it was done right or not.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 03:28 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
This has to effect value.... the bulkhead was never replaced, only repaired and there are signs of the repair.

Rear left rear corner was never repaired (still looks like this), you can see the rear panel is pushed down and folded over the tab on the cross member... Something is off...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	panel.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	130445   Click image for larger version

Name:	90.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	130446  

Old September 23rd, 2015, 05:52 PM
kevincdoyle
Kevin C. Doyle
1995 NAS D90 Coniston Green SW

Registry
I'm hoping to own the last 1995 NAS Coniston Green Land Rover Defender 90 Station Wagon in the world with a non-salvage title..

Then, and only then, will I tell you what it's worth..

Hopefully it will be worth more than I paid...someday...

"I actually like to paint some of my smaller parts......"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
nas