RN soft top on craigslist - Chantilly VA (not mine) - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Here
Good job now we need a new topic of mockery
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:43 AM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,969
Wait Horsey

Did you do a full brake job like you needed? Rotors and pads? Or did you go full ghetto and just do pads?

tell me now!!!
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
cgalpin's Avatar
cgalpin
Status: Offline
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 11,625
Registry
Kevin, PM sent
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old December 23rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
smob's Avatar
smob
Status: Offline
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 1,619
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Yes please post on mostlymetro first and let's stop screwing ourselves on these deals!
Taking this somewhat off-topic, I've been meaning to sell a bunch of D90 crap.. And I got a verbal beatdown on my last sale (even though the tailgate eventually went to Charles) - should I just lay it out on mostly metro? (i suppose asking here alerts everyone
__________________
"Land Rover = rolling mechanical failure. it is failing even as it sits in the driveway. get used to it. My 90 just had a failure as I was typing this."
-Ren Ching
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 23rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
cgalpin's Avatar
cgalpin
Status: Offline
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 11,625
Registry
Yes if you want to give us first dibs, please post there first.

Thanks,
charles
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old December 23rd, 2010, 12:33 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB View Post
Taking this somewhat off-topic, I've been meaning to sell a bunch of D90 crap.. And I got a verbal beatdown on my last sale (even though the tailgate eventually went to Charles) - should I just lay it out on mostly metro? (i suppose asking here alerts everyone
If it's smaller stuff and you're willing to ship, just post it up on d-90 board so that I can lick it before everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old December 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,969
Horsey

why do you refuse to answer if you did the rotors that you needed to or just pads with your old crap rotors
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old December 23rd, 2010, 02:17 PM
smob's Avatar
smob
Status: Offline
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 1,619
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Yes if you want to give us first dibs, please post there first.

Thanks,
charles
In the interest of not shipping the big stuff, that's probably what I'll do..
__________________
"Land Rover = rolling mechanical failure. it is failing even as it sits in the driveway. get used to it. My 90 just had a failure as I was typing this."
-Ren Ching
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Wolf Fabrication's Avatar
Wolf Fabrication
Status: Offline
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,453
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB View Post
In the interest of not shipping the big stuff, that's probably what I'll do..
I think I will pre-lick everything until I decide I don't want/need things, at which point I will un-lick at will.
__________________
"The most unreliable car in the world is the most reliable car in the world." -Jeremy Clarkson refering to the Range Rover


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:09 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
I joined mostly metro just in case. Is it mostly metro sexuals?
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:16 PM
specops1526's Avatar
specops1526
Status: Offline
Brian
Beluga '97 90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I joined mostly metro just in case. Is it mostly metro sexuals?
If they wear polos with popped collars you'll surely fit in.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
-I need to figure out a cooler-looking way of getting into the driver's seat

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old December 24th, 2010, 11:12 AM
specops1526's Avatar
specops1526
Status: Offline
Brian
Beluga '97 90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Horsey

why do you refuse to answer if you did the rotors that you needed to or just pads with your old crap rotors
What the shit, you only did pads and not the rotors??? Were you saving money for more tops and a tire cover?

On second thought, at least stop wasting money on tops and spend good money on these side vents if you're looking to accessorize.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
-I need to figure out a cooler-looking way of getting into the driver's seat

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old December 24th, 2010, 11:54 AM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by specops1526 View Post
What the shit, you only did pads and not the rotors??? Were you saving money for more tops and a tire cover?

On second thought, at least stop wasting money on tops and spend good money on these side vents if you're looking to accessorize.
Love the fact that Horsey just replaced the pads. I am picturing these rotors that are complete toast with nice fresh pads surrounding them.
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old December 24th, 2010, 12:44 PM
specops1526's Avatar
specops1526
Status: Offline
Brian
Beluga '97 90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Love the fact that Horsey just replaced the pads. I am picturing these rotors that are complete toast with nice fresh pads surrounding them.
Horsey, if you say you rhinolined the old, worn rotors to fill in the grooves and add thickness, I'll give you a pass because those should last forever and never need replacing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
-I need to figure out a cooler-looking way of getting into the driver's seat

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old December 24th, 2010, 12:49 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by specops1526 View Post
Horsey, if you say you rhinolined the old, worn rotors to fill in the grooves and add thickness, I'll give you a pass because those should last forever and never need replacing.
Horsey is never going to admit he didnt do the rotors.

I bet under his parent's christmas tree is a can of rhinoling and every badger product made. Oh and maybe if he was good a new spare tire
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old December 24th, 2010, 02:25 PM
specops1526's Avatar
specops1526
Status: Offline
Brian
Beluga '97 90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Horsey is never going to admit he didnt do the rotors.

I bet under his parent's christmas tree is a can of rhinoling and every badger product made. Oh and maybe if he was good a new spare tire
Horsey would rather put the lights from the Christmas tree on his truck rather than anything useful.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
-I need to figure out a cooler-looking way of getting into the driver's seat

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old December 24th, 2010, 03:27 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,969
Who needs good brakes if your truck is lit up like a christmas tree. everyone knows to get out of the way. wild horses coming your way!
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
NoVaKevin
Status: Offline
Kevin
sold#1469
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 444
If anyone buys this top, let me know what the story is with this guy. This guy was one shady character last night as charles and I were on our way to meet him he canceled. Very sketchy.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,692
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
You guys are trying to keep us Yankees out of the loop now?
I don't think so... I have no f-ing idea what mostly thingy is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
As I see it, you owe this whole board at least one deal a week for the next two years for letting you out-vulture us on that white 90.
You have no idea...
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old January 3rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
cgalpin's Avatar
cgalpin
Status: Offline
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 11,625
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin View Post
If anyone buys this top, let me know what the story is with this guy. This guy was one shady character last night as charles and I were on our way to meet him he canceled. Very sketchy.
The only thing I can think of is he thinks it's worth more than he asked, so expect it to pop up for sale in the Spring for more.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
soft top

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1997 Bestop Soft Top Like New & Misc Parts Adam Armendariz For Sale - Parts 16 December 8th, 2005 01:43 AM
Hard Top needed in Colorado snosrfr Wanted 19 November 15th, 2005 12:06 PM
measurements on d90 soft top? def90 Defender Technical Discussions 0 August 31st, 2005 02:00 AM
94 D-90, soft top AND hard top $19k evilfij For Sale - Vehicles 11 September 26th, 2004 06:15 PM
soft top jperakis Wanted 25 December 7th, 2003 08:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Copyright