Puma FS at Boston dealer? - Page 7 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old October 9th, 2013, 11:01 PM
cwilder's Avatar
cwilder
Status: Offline
Chad
2012 110 Black
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 739
Registry
For what its worth its awesome to drive a new 110
__________________
_________________________________
2016 Range Rover TD6
2013 Raptor F150 SVT
1997 D-90 #1867 (sold) :(
2012 Black 110 :) In OZ still
2011 LR4 "Metropolis" (sold) :(
2011 Raptor F150 SVT (sold) :(
2007 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2007 LR3 (sold)
2006 RRS (sold)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #122  
Old October 9th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Jackie Treehorn's Avatar
Jackie Treehorn
Status: Offline
A
1985 (legitimately)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,984
Registry
This thing is an absolute disaster. Everything from condition, to the origins to the toolbags that have been trying to sell it.
They are begging for trouble, trust me.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old October 10th, 2013, 07:52 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
$70k...
Isn't it worth that to be the only one in your town with one?
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #124  
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:02 AM
REDrum's Avatar
REDrum
Status: Offline
Niall Johnson
1970 Series IIA 88 - Sandstone
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: People's Republik of Cambridge & Mal Pais CR
Posts: 335
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Isn't it worth that to be the only one in your town with one?
Stoopid is as stoopid does.

I have buddy, who is carpenter, that owns a $5,000 laminated steel Japanese chisel. Came in its own dovetailed cedar box and has a serial number. Its never touched wood, only sharpened.
__________________
Toltec Coffee Team:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 UZJ 100 - for glamping and grocery getting
'94 FZJ80 - our Costa Rican coffee mule
'96 FZJ80 - 3XL, racked, shaved and dipped in Raptor coat
'70 Petrol SIIA 88 - a Costa Rican expat now with US citizenship!
'70 Petrol SIIA 88 - for Central America surf & coffee exploration
'56 Petrol S1 86 - a whole new kind of land rover hell...
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:04 AM
madmoe's Avatar
madmoe
Status: Offline
Mauricio D
1992/D90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Isn't it worth that to be the only one in your town with one?
W/ proper import docs, absolutely. But as far as I know, there are NO IMPORT DOCS at this moment. So if someone lied or falsified docs during importation (I can't prove otherwise without the import docs) then this vehicle can be subject to seizure at anytime by US CUSTOMS. Then what happens to your investment?
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
The seller must be crushed to have to withdraw it
__________________
A friend of mine runs a land rover / range rover specialty repair shop. Based on his experience, they are capable of stopping anywhere, anytime, at any cost.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Ben01
Status: Offline
Ben
Defender
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
W/ proper import docs, absolutely. But as far as I know, there are NO IMPORT DOCS at this moment. So if someone lied or falsified docs during importation (I can't prove otherwise without the import docs) then this vehicle can be subject to seizure at anytime by US CUSTOMS. Then what happens to your investment?
If you made up your mind you are not getting it you should stop discussing it. It's not really that interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
madmoe's Avatar
madmoe
Status: Offline
Mauricio D
1992/D90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben01 View Post
If you made up your mind you are not getting it you should stop discussing it. It's not really that interesting.
really? Are you now the content police? Lol...

You don't have to participate in this thread... you know this don't you? You can just go to the more interesting threads and leave us "boring people" to go on circular discussions about an "uninteresting" topic.

Sorry if I disturbed your sensibilities.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:50 AM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Offline
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saratoga NY
Posts: 8,743
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
really? Are you now the content police? Lol...

You don't have to participate in this thread... you know this don't you? You can just go to the more interesting threads and leave us "boring people" to go on circular discussions about an "uninteresting" topic.

Sorry if I disturbed your sensibilities.
I'd like to know how you're rocking a '92 Defender 90, proper import docs or not as far as I know that ain't kosher to have in the states anyhow. Maybe you should spend less time attacking Ben and more time checking your VIN.
__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Ben01
Status: Offline
Ben
Defender
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
really? Are you now the content police? Lol...
No, not the police but the thread has no point.

You claimed to have done some research and found out it was not imported correctly (which is obvious considering the year of the truck). End of discussion.

Are you going to keep posting the link every time it gets re-listed on ebay? Either buy it or don't buy it but there is not much to discuss.

It has a US title and you would have a nice lawsuit should you run into trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:59 AM
madmoe's Avatar
madmoe
Status: Offline
Mauricio D
1992/D90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
I'd like to know how you're rocking a '92 Defender 90, proper import docs or not as far as I know that ain't kosher to have in the states anyhow. Maybe you should spend less time attacking Ben and more time checking your VIN.
Attacking Ben01? Seriously? If my comment was perceived as an attack I am sorry. Did not mean to offend anyone. I'll refrain from discussing an obviously sensitive subject.

And yes I do have a 92 Defender 90 in Portugal where I am a legal resident most of the year. Não se preocupe o meu Defender é completamente legal. But I digress.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben01 View Post
No, not the police but the thread has no point.

You claimed to have done some research and found out it was not imported correctly (which is obvious considering the year of the truck). End of discussion.

Are you going to keep posting the link every time it gets re-listed on ebay? Either buy it or don't buy it but there is not much to discuss.

It has a US title and you would have a nice lawsuit should you run into trouble.
Wow... I see. Sorry if I "attacked" you. It was not my intention to disturb you in any way by renewing an old, boring, tired thread. My sincere apologies.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old November 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
And again. Only $89,900 this time...

SALLDHMS88A753076

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...t_15671wt_1170

exoticclassicscollectibles (25 )
  • Year: 2008
  • Make: Land Rover
  • Model: Defender
  • Stock Number: 8000
  • Mileage: 51000
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Exterior Color: Black
  • Interior Color: Black
  • Title: Clear
Exotic Classics
100 Gordon Drive
Syosset, NY 11791

Call Us Today
(888) 683-9884

Ask For
EMAIL: Eric@exoticclassics.com
516-695-0507

Description:
You are looking at a 2008 Land Rover Defender 110. This Defender is a diesel with A/C and may not pass emissions in the US because it is a Euro Car. However, we still sell many of these cars in the US and for export. This car can be enjoyed on estates and property as a utility vehicle or simply an investment. That's right a real 2008 Land Rover Defender 110 with a US title! They stopped importing the Defenders into the US in 1997 so this is a rare find! There is nothing quite like a Defender and the 110's are just as cool as they come. In addition to this being one of the best finds this Defender is also a diesel! The previous owner meticulously maintained this amazing vehicle and you can tell from the pampered black paint to the hardly broken in interior. The odometer is in km and 81010 converts to 50,336 miles. Truly a once in a lifetime find, do not miss out on your chance to own a vehicle that you are not going to see your neighbor driving. This car comes with a US Title and we will ship this car anywhere in the world at buyers expense. Please call us at 516-695-0507 ask for Eric for more information.

VIN: SALLDHMS88A753076
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old November 5th, 2013, 11:45 AM
madmoe's Avatar
madmoe
Status: Offline
Mauricio D
1992/D90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 22
Be careful now... some folks here get awfully sensitive when you mention something they can't have....
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old November 5th, 2013, 11:56 AM
o2batsea's Avatar
o2batsea
Status: Offline
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kensington md
Posts: 6,503
Registry
I've got some serious "F You" money coming to me real soon, so I may just go up and get this. See there's this guy in Nigeria who knows about a certain former Minister of Finance, and well, let just say that's enough said about that. All's I have to do is let them deposit something like 160 MILLION DOLLARS in my bank account for a few months and I get to keep 10 percent for basically doing nothing. Sweet, huh?
__________________
Bill Adams

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old November 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
madmoe's Avatar
madmoe
Status: Offline
Mauricio D
1992/D90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 22
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
I've got some serious "F You" money coming to me real soon, so I may just go up and get this. See there's this guy in Nigeria who knows about a certain former Minister of Finance, and well, let just say that's enough said about that. All's I have to do is let them deposit something like 160 MILLION DOLLARS in my bank account for a few months and I get to keep 10 percent for basically doing nothing. Sweet, huh?
Sounds about right....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
fs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: ARB Air Locker 24sp in built 3rd and Puma 12v air compressor Scottg For Sale - Parts 3 May 3rd, 2012 08:18 AM
Puma Bonnets FS SafariHP The Vendors Loft 0 February 1st, 2012 02:12 PM
Land Rover Dealer Sign FS SafariHP The Vendors Loft 16 October 27th, 2011 11:03 AM
NTO Defender 110 (PUMA) Rear Body FS SafariHP The Vendors Loft 5 September 23rd, 2011 08:17 AM
My vote for Worst LRNA Dealer Eric Siepmann Misc. Chit-Chat 10 March 19th, 2004 07:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.


Copyright