Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old January 26th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Hey do you have kids? No? Lucky them .
Hey at least I'm man enough to say they aren't for me instead of just having them and paying child support. (or not paying child support, very common in the black / latino culture)

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
No way you're not sterile.

There were times that I wished I was.

Robert Deniro
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:15 PM
REDrum
Niall Johnson
1970 Series IIA 88 - Sandstone

Registry
Its not a Range Rover, its an illegal 110.

You may be able to get this thing registered, but if it were in a major accident no doubt the Ins company would investigate and find out it is contraband and drop the policy. Which may be where the "pull the plug" poster was going...

'99 UZJ 100 - for glamping and grocery getting
'94 FZJ80 - our Costa Rican coffee mule
'96 FZJ80 - 3XL, racked, shaved and dipped in Raptor coat
'70 Petrol SIIA 88 - a Costa Rican expat now with US citizenship!
'70 Petrol SIIA 88 - for Central America surf & coffee exploration
'56 Petrol S1 86 - a whole new kind of land rover hell...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2013, 02:21 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDrum
Its not a Range Rover, its an illegal 110.

You may be able to get this thing registered, but if it were in a major accident no doubt the Ins company would investigate and find out it is contraband and drop the policy. Which may be where the "pull the plug" poster was going...
Why is it illegal? It's registered as exactly what it is and I'm sure it would be insured as such. It's not titled as a 1970. I would think the insurance company would get that. With that said, I don't think any insurance company would insure it for 130k.
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Why is it illegal? It's registered as exactly what it is and I'm sure it would be insured as such. It's not titled as a 1970. I would think the insurance company would get that. With that said, I don't think any insurance company would insure it for 130k.
agreed, I wasn't jumping to conclusions. Unlike other offerings I've seen, I was giving this one the benefit of doubt because it is listed through a legit dealer.

Let's be honest though I'm sure at some point in this vehicle's travels/life there was some document filled out fraudulently (however minor or major) somebody lied about something to get it where it is today. If it's got some type of crazy exemption, I'm sure the intent of the examption was "bent" or whatever. (like the guy in Boston who had the London taxis imported under some business use exemption). No judgement whatsoever. I'm stoked that somebody could get it done....but lets see.

The point is Im more curious what the story is with this truck rather than jumping to conclusions.
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:16 PM
RoversNorth
RN
2012 Land Rover Defender
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Rovers North beat everyone to it years ago...2010 I believe, for business purposes.
2007 :D. Then a 2009, and now a 2012. Pumas are truly amazing trucks, the first time I drove ours it was a life changing experience(it was the first LR I had ever driven).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1319 Vt Rt 128, Westford, VT 05494
Please message me with any questions you have.
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin View Post
Put your four year old in the second row of this defender and then get broadsided. Best of luck. Your kid will be in the ICU on life support, then you will choose to pull the plug.
Curious, what do you put your kids in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:50 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
A foster home?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 26th, 2013, 05:16 PM
jcb-memphis
Jeff B.
None

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...9&postcount=46
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
Following his logic, his kids probably do not ride bikes... Got forbid they get T-boned while riding, "pulling the plug" would not be his concern....

Old January 26th, 2013, 06:09 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
I said earlier that I catch myself feeling stupid when I rationalize finding a way to own a brand new Defender. It makes no practical sense really. for the amount you pay and would put at risk, you're really limiting yourself in terms of actual capabilities. Not to mention the service complications when one of the many computers or electronic thing's break. THAT SAID, I still want one. Personally, I think it would be for the bragging rights more than anything. Sooooo, that's quite a bit of coin to spend trying to one-up The Jones. If you got it like that, then good for you. I definitely have better ways to spend my disposable income.

This is really a bizzaro-world! Imagine a world where some random country (say Jordan) no longer allowed imports of Chevy Suburbans because they and Jordanians were paying the equivalent of USD$150,000 for a 2010 SUburban with 40,000 miles?

Its cool to have things that nobody else has, but for Christ sakes there are easier and less costly ways to accomplish that. Everyone has their price-points (where they would say "no way, not at that price") and mine gets lower the more I rationalize and learn.[/QUOTE]

Jackie, I agree with you! Here in Australia they look at Ford Mustangs and F150's like we look at Defenders. They are a few guys that import them and they sell for 100K plus(legally). I found a Raptor for 150K. Also, gas is about $6 dollars a gallon so you can imagine filling that up.

My Puma is awesome, if anyone ever visits you could borrow while you are here and trust me I've tried to think if ways to bring it back. At the end of the day I don't think its worth the risk. Yes, its also completely irrational for all the naysayers. Then again, seems like owning a Defender is irrational.
2013 Raptor F150 SVT
1997 D-90 #1867 (sold) :(
2012 Black 110 :) In OZ still
2011 LR4 "Metropolis" (sold) :(
2011 Raptor F150 SVT (sold) :(
2007 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2007 LR3 (sold)
2006 RRS (sold)
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:58 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Yuck!

["QUOTE=Neil McCauley;408695]Seeing how I flushed probably billions of my kids into the toilet throughout the years",

If that is the case then I flush a Neil every day after my morning cup of coffee and bran muffin. There so cute when their brown and have a few bits of corn.

I do put a lot of trust in my SG sliders for a side impact. Why not! We are putting just as much faith in a rollover that the NAS cage will sustain the interior compartment.
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:58 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
["QUOTE=Neil McCauley;408695]Seeing how I flushed probably billions of my kids into the toilet throughout the years",

If that is the case then I flush a Neil every day after my morning cup of coffee and bran muffin. There so cute when their brown and have a few bits of corn.

I do put a lot of trust in my SG sliders for a side impact. Why not! We are putting just as much faith in a rollover that the NAS cage will sustain the interior compartment.
Unfortunately the only way you will know if they are remotely effective is if they are tested .... I hope that never happens.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:39 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post

Unfortunately the only way you will know if they are remotely effective is if they are tested .... I hope that never happens.
I understand are referring to the effectiveness of NAS cages, but IMHO, sliders will be vastly superior over the stock side sill. Just go by your local road course and check out some of the budget race cars that have been t-boned on the track or broadsided the end of a K-rail. The factory unibody sill will be obliterated yet the rollcage made of .120" x 1.5" to .095" x 1.75" dia DOM will have held up very well. Additional bonus is the height of the sliders thinking the brunt of most cars would get pushed under.
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay ad [B
hcflagshipmotorcars[/B]]The flawless black exterior is stunning enough to just stare at
Anyone else notice the large dent in the rear of the driver side, and the buggered rear crossmember? Looks like it's been smacked a few time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hcflagshipmotorcars 2008 Puma 1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	65336   Click image for larger version

Name:	hcflagshipmotorcars 2008 Puma 2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	65337  

Name:	hcflagshipmotorcars 2008 Puma 3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	65338  
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I think the reflections are playing tricks on my eyes! It looks messed up on both sides but an impact like that would mangle the rear end pretty bad, enough to warrant replacing those body parts?!?

Ah- Flawless black...pretty when done right, but a biatch to keep clean.
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

The pictures do make the bodywork and cross member look wavy. Short of Schlepping up there not going to know the truth.
FWIW, lets say I had the cash to get it. I wouldn't. Just not convinced its legal in this Country.
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Somebody call this guy!
I'd do it myself, but I'm guessing I'd get frustrated within the first 30 seconds after not getting a straight answer. I need all the coping skills I have in reserve to deal with jackasses at work I don't want to waste my patience on a phone call unless I have to.

Does anyone have good personal skills on this board and wants to do some detective work?

EDIT-curiosity got the better of me. I left him a message. We'll see what happens.......
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
The pictures do make the bodywork and cross member look wavy.
I think just about all Defender bodies look wavy, but it looks like there's a puncture hole below the holes for the rear license plate, and a fairly serious dent in the rear crossmember from what I can tell. Cirlced in red.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hcflagshipmotorcars 2008 Puma 1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	65347   Click image for larger version

Name:	hcflagshipmotorcars 2008 Puma 4.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	65348  

Name:	hcflagshipmotorcars 2008 Puma 2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	65349   Click image for larger version

Name:	hcflagshipmotorcars 2008 Puma 5.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	65350  

Name:	hcflagshipmotorcars 2008 Puma 3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	65351   Click image for larger version

Name:	hcflagshipmotorcars 2008 Puma 6.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	65352  

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

It's Monday, I cant spend myself on that its too early in the week.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
fs