P38 BMW TD Engine - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old June 25th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Macer77
Tom Macer
D2 and a 110 pick up

P38 BMW TD Engine

I'm in the process of breaking a P38 TD for parts, in my UK workshop. I have removed all the power steering components for a series 3 project, The engine runs very well, it has 100k on the clock, I'm thinking i might ship the engine here if anybody would be interested.
Please let me know if you have any interest and would like to make an offer
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Chip
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90

Why not? Better engine than any of the Rover diesels. Looks like it qualifies for a permanent exemption as "ancient engine" if it's 21 years old.

https://www.epa.gov/sites/production...ts/3520-21.pdf
Old June 27th, 2016, 01:51 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Quote:
9. Ancient engine. Importing an engine first manufactured at least 21 years earlier that is still in its original configuration, subject to the provisions of 40 CFR 1068.315(i). This exemption does not apply to locomotives or to stationary, highway, or marine engines.
What is a highway engine?

Quote:
(i) You have owned the engines/equipment for at least six months.
(ii) You agree not to sell, lease, donate, trade, or otherwise transfer ownership of the engines/equipment for at least five years. During this period, the only acceptable way to dispose of the engines/equipment is to destroy or export them.
(iii) You use data or evidence sufficient to show that the engines/equipment are in a configuration that is identical to engines/equipment the original manufacturer has certified to meet emission standards that apply at the time the manufacturer finished assembling or modifying the engines/equipment in question. If you modify the engines/equipment to make them identical, you must completely follow the original manufacturer's written instructions.
(2) We will tell you in writing if we find the information insufficient to show that the engines/equipment are eligible for this exemption. In this case, we will not consider your request further until you address our concerns.
(i) Ancient engine/equipment exemption. If you are not the original engine/equipment manufacturer, you may import nonconforming engines/equipment that are subject to a standard-setting part and were first manufactured at least 21 years earlier, as long as they are still in their original configurations.
Not sure which (i) they were referring to.
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Chip
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
What is a highway engine?
Semi truck engine (On-Highway Heavy-Duty Diesel)
Old June 27th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Are you going to get this to Cville?
How much are you looking to get?

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
engine