Old March 27th, 2016, 01:43 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
Watch this unravel and you'll learn something about whats legal and whats not

Its only TRASH because you know the guy. if it were a random dude from eBay the hammer would have been dropped without hesitation.

With all the newer members that get hosed by "good guys until they aren't" there are no unfair questions by unknowing buyers.

To imply that his comment about door knocking is trash talk or snarky shows that you are either oblivious or disingenuous.

Again, since you are so eloquent using words that I am sure escape your knowledge allow me...

Unless you are buying it, have found what is the story, no need for those statements,they do not help the new members, there are 2 different things when someone post a TDCI with a 109 vin and when someone openly post the real VIN, maybe you are the ingenious and oblivious to many avenues,

AGAIN, maybe you should read the post before running your fingers, I don't care if someone ask questions as a don't care for the snark remarks, or like in your case, the know it all statement without proper evidence, hope I am never tried and you seat in my Jury box..

Stop assuming that I know the Seller, knowing who he is and Knowing a person are 2 different things, but again, you sure have all figured it out.
Old March 27th, 2016, 10:35 AM
kevincdoyle
Kevin C. Doyle
1995 NAS D90 Coniston Green SW

Registry
Man.....that escalated quickly....

"I actually like to paint some of my smaller parts......"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2016, 10:47 AM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
How was anyone supposed to know he was a member? Did he list it in the classifieds on here?
Old March 27th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincdoyle View Post
Man.....that escalated quickly....
My gut tells me though that private sales of post diplomatic vehicles likely is harder now than it was.

http://youtu.be/SiXNUaSjXRY

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old March 27th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

Bashing an offering for sale (by a member or not) is a horrible practice especially given the fact that you can simply pay for a professional opinion (Will, Doug, etc) without dragging the entire sale through the mud.
I know of a few instances where the posts on here were intended to drive the price down. Threads such as this one by new members should be removed as I don't see how they serve a legitimate purpose.

------ Follow up post added March 27th, 2016 12:39 PM ------

Note: not my truck and I have no interest in the sale.
Old March 27th, 2016, 01:07 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben01 View Post
Bashing an offering for sale (by a member or not) is a horrible practice especially given the fact that you can simply pay for a professional opinion (Will, Doug, etc) without dragging the entire sale through the mud.
I know of a few instances where the posts on here were intended to drive the price down. Threads such as this one by new members should be removed as I don't see how they serve a legitimate purpose.

------ Follow up post added March 27th, 2016 12:39 PM ------

Note: not my truck and I have no interest in the sale.
I agree when the vehicle is listed in the for sale section 100%. This isn't a truck that is for sale on this site (for obvious reasons). Do you really expect DSource to stop picking apart classifieds ads across the entire internet?
Old March 27th, 2016, 01:12 PM
CJ's FJ
CJ
1985 90

Registry
Look, this was not meant as a bash. I joined a community and was looking for advice. I recognize that there are some who may think so. Not my intent.
I also recognize that I have contributed nothing yet to this community in term of knowledge and I hope that soon changes. My only contributions this far have been in my financial support of vendors and private sellers. I get it and I appreciate the tight knit group that is looking out for one another.

If you'd like to talk more, feel free to send me a PM and I can let you know where I'm coming from.
Old March 27th, 2016, 01:19 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
There is nothing wrong with the OP's post. It was a legitimate question regarding an eBay ad, not a For Sale thread on this Forum. Perhaps the feedback saved him from wiring funds.
Nothing wrong with vetting eBay and other non-Forum sale ads on this Forum.
Old March 27th, 2016, 01:20 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Again, since you are so eloquent using words that I am sure escape your knowledge allow me...

Unless you are buying it, have found what is the story, no need for those statements,they do not help the new members, there are 2 different things when someone post a TDCI with a 109 vin and when someone openly post the real VIN, maybe you are the ingenious and oblivious to many avenues,

AGAIN, maybe you should read the post before running your fingers, I don't care if someone ask questions as a don't care for the snark remarks, or like in your case, the know it all statement without proper evidence, hope I am never tried and you seat in my Jury box..
Alright, maybe you need to upgrade your "Hooked on Se Habla" because you make no sense.

If you can post moronic tidbits like "My deed for the day Educating " THE NOOBS" Lads is complete" I can share my opinion as to the legality of a vehicle.

Quote:
Stop assuming that I know the Seller, knowing who he is and Knowing a person are 2 different things, but again, you sure have all figured it out.
Quote:
The Seller is a member, and a straight shooter.
Yes I figured it out...
Old March 27th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
Alright, maybe you need to upgrade your "Hooked on Se Habla" because you make no sense. If you can post moronic tidbits like "My deed for the day Educating " THE NOOBS" Lads is complete" I can share my opinion as to the legality of a vehicle. Yes I figured it out...

You sure are a keyboard cowboy, calling someone a moron, of course , quite easy behind a keyboard, kindly let me know if you would like to discuss such over coffee, I am sure you will back pedal it.

Thanks for the Spanish , Oscar, I am quite sure you use it daily
Old March 27th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

People abuse the forum to drive prices down...there should be some type of oversight especially if the member has no history. If someone is serious about a purchase then forum members should let them know who to contact for an opinion.
Old March 27th, 2016, 02:35 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Quote:
People abuse the forum to drive prices down...there should be some type of oversight especially if the member has no history. If someone is serious about a purchase then forum members should let them know who to contact for an opinion.
I dont disagree with you but I'm pleased to report its not working

1997 Land Rover Defender 90 2 Door Soft Top 4x4 Prices, Values & Defender 90 2 Door Soft Top 4x4 Price Specs | NADAguides
Old March 27th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

LOL there is a guy on here that loves to create fake profiles to start threads to bash Defenders he wants to buy. The threads are pretty similar to this one, however I am fairly certain the member who started this thread had genuine intentions
Old March 27th, 2016, 03:12 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Quote:
LOL there is a guy on here that loves to create fake profiles to start threads to bash Defenders he wants to buy. The threads are pretty similar to this one, however I am fairly certain the member who started this thread had genuine intentions
If that's true that's trash. Kinda like the mystery eBay users that have zero rating running up bidding.
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old March 27th, 2016, 03:13 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Ben, here is your first thread on DSource. One month after joining. Still in the newbie category. Replies include VIN swapping, stolen truck, 2.8l, tdic/Puma, etc.
Funny. Looks worse than your beef with the OP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1282387080.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	146083  
Old March 27th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

Russell if you have a personal issue with me(note we never met or spoke-so not sure why) we can take it up privately.
I voiced my opinion and am now going offline to meet friends. Enjoy the day.
Old March 27th, 2016, 04:02 PM
ssi19
scott
1995/D90

This thread heated up quick!!
Old March 27th, 2016, 05:05 PM
golden747
Tim Golden
Defender 130

The truck is sold headed to Costa Rica so it really doesn't matter at this point. Hopefully you guys can rest easy as Barney five detectives knowing it's leaving the country. The truck has been in the country for 10 years and titled and register in three different states. About as good and legit of a new style defender as you could get but all of that is irrelevant at this point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 27th, 2016, 06:39 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden747 View Post
The truck is sold headed to Costa Rica so it really doesn't matter at this point. Hopefully you guys can rest easy as Barney five detectives knowing it's leaving the country. The truck has been in the country for 10 years and titled and register in three different states. About as good and legit of a new style defender as you could get but all of that is irrelevant at this point.
"fife"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
ebay