Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old February 11th, 2014, 07:01 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Oakley Discount 4 LEO's FF Active Duty & Vets

Who’s Eligible?
U.S. Military and Federal (.mil or .gov email verification)
Active Duty Military Personnel
Military Veterans (with DD Form 256 or DD Form 214 verification)
National Guard Personnel
Military Reservists
Federal law Enforcement Officers
Federal Fire and Emergency Response
U.S. Coast Guard

U.S. State and Local Law Enforcement, Fire and Emergency Response (I.D. Verification)
Law Enforcement Official
Fire Department Personnel Official
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Personnel Official

U.S. Military Retirees (.mil or .gov email or valid retired I.D. card verification or DD Form 214)
Retired members of the U.S. Armed Forces
How to Register?
Registration is easy, but it does require us to validate your U.S. Government email address, DD Form 256 or DD Form 214, or U.S. State or U.S. Local Government identification for you membership to be activated. For customers submitting DD Form 214, please only scan the section of form that includes name, rank and branch of service. Please edit out any additional sensitive information before submitting. Please allow 48 hours for your account to be reviewed by our team. Your membership will be valid for one year from the time of membership approval, with the exception of the U.S. Military including active, retired, or those registered with veteran status, who receive lifetime membership after membership approval. We will send you an email confirming you are approved once we have reviewed your submission
Questions?
If you have any questions regarding program eligibility or the verification process, please call 1-800-525-4334.

US Standard Issue Website

Smoking deals on glasses, gloves, boots, bags, watches, goggles and clothing.
My prescription sun glasses cost less than $200 and took less than 7 days to receive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Linoge
Jonathan
1985 D90

W00t - they expanded it to all veterans. Back when I was active duty, it was active or retired only.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 11th, 2014, 07:24 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Their SI hot weather assault boot is the most comfortable military boot I've ever worn. My current pair has several hundred miles of ruck marches and runs on it and is still serviceable and comfortable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2014, 07:50 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Those hot weather boots aren't worth a shit when you're in Iraq! The salt from your sweat will rot them out in a matter of months! They do have the best eyepro by far. Good prices, especially for prescription glasses, and durable.
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:14 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Yes, see the link from post #1 US Standard Issue Website

prescription link

-Jeff
I saw it and edited the post immediately. Thank you though!
Old February 11th, 2014, 09:12 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101stAirborne View Post
Those hot weather boots aren't worth a shit when you're in Iraq! The salt from your sweat will rot them out in a matter of months! They do have the best eyepro by far. Good prices, especially for prescription glasses, and durable.
The boots were 100% verboten when I was there in 07-08. But the USMC keeps a tight hand on uniform stuff.

Old February 11th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Mtanzania
Frank
1994 D1 300tdi - Sold :-(

Getting an account was easy and QUICK....that being said, I agree that their eyewear is fantastic but have been very unimpressed with their boots! As a duty boot, I've had much better. Just my 2 cents
Old February 12th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
We were issued Oakley boots in OIF a few times (USMC Recon), along with Oakley blade sunglasses and goggles. The boots never lasted more a few months, but it was just matter of going to supply to grab another pair. I still use the eyepro 7 years later.

Semper Fi!
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Abu Buckwheat
Malcolm
2005 Defender 110 TD5 Station

Sweet and easily done. Like other have said I burned through three pairs of SI Assault boots working in Iraq and SWA (they split along the toe box seams and sometimes the heel glue) but they are so comfortable out of the box you can PT in them or wear them as slippers. The older models lasted longer than the new ones but I still like them allot.

This is a good program that every retailer should utilize to get a huge untapped market. Vets is people too, yo!
Old February 12th, 2014, 10:08 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

The O boots hold up exceedingly well for four daily runs to the chow hall and Call of Duty marathons while deployed.

Or so I hear.
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:45 AM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Garmont boots are the way to go, hands down! I climbed mountains in Afghanistan with them and they held up extremely well. They will also send you a replacement pair if they are defective or start to come apart. I never had that issue but I had some Soldiers who did.

Also, Wiley X gloves hold up better than Oakley gloves but I like the feel of the Oakley gloves better.

Arcteryx makes the best knee pads by far. They are rock climbing pads but are great for military use.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
ac, disco