Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old July 18th, 2014, 02:08 PM
birdy
Kyle
None

NOT MINE - Looking for info 1995 110 in Langley BC

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone knows something about this vehicle and it's not a scam. There'd been a 1995 Defender 110 listed on Auto Trader for a while in Langley BC. Three pictures appeared to be from the owners, while another 5 were from the shop where it was built (LRUK - decal plate is evident in some of the owners photos and the orange/white shop wall is evident in other photos). None of the owners pics show a license plate. It was originally listed for a fair price, considering the build quality, and was up for a couple months if I remember correctly. This past weekend price was dropped substantially (with the explanation that he'd bought a house and needed to sell), to the point of thinking it was a scam, and then gone completely on Monday. I emailed as soon as I saw the price drop, and the guy has been back and forth with me a bit this week but has been vague with info (i.e. won't give me a VIN to run a search and hasn't replied since I asked to have a mobile mechanic take a quick look). Never once asked for $, and when I said I'd fly out and drive it back home (would be roughly 10 hour drive), he asked if I could come on Saturday. If it's legit and someone has actually seen or knows of the vehicle, I'd be on the first flight I can.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
this sounds like a rotten deal to me. lack of transparancy is the first tip to walk away. I wouldn't get on a plane or go on a road trip without the VIN and a picture of the VIN on the vehicle.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:15 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
support your local farmer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
LRUk has a great reputation, so probably no worries there....

.../sarcasmI'veseentheirbuilds,walkaway
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:31 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
post the pics. Most LRUK trucks are usually very expensive (but also not very impressive for the money), so if your spidey senses went off, then you should likely follow your instinct.
Old July 21st, 2014, 07:25 PM
CDN90
Tim
94 / D90 #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone knows something about this vehicle and it's not a scam. There'd been a 1995 Defender 110 listed on Auto Trader for a while in Langley BC. Three pictures appeared to be from the owners, while another 5 were from the shop where it was built (LRUK - decal plate is evident in some of the owners photos and the orange/white shop wall is evident in other photos). None of the owners pics show a license plate. It was originally listed for a fair price, considering the build quality, and was up for a couple months if I remember correctly. This past weekend price was dropped substantially (with the explanation that he'd bought a house and needed to sell), to the point of thinking it was a scam, and then gone completely on Monday. I emailed as soon as I saw the price drop, and the guy has been back and forth with me a bit this week but has been vague with info (i.e. won't give me a VIN to run a search and hasn't replied since I asked to have a mobile mechanic take a quick look). Never once asked for $, and when I said I'd fly out and drive it back home (would be roughly 10 hour drive), he asked if I could come on Saturday. If it's legit and someone has actually seen or knows of the vehicle, I'd be on the first flight I can.

Thanks for the help.
I live close and can look at it for you if you want...I am in Vancouver, BC..
Old July 21st, 2014, 07:37 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I've just had 6 LRUK trucks here... While they look nice and they are in good shape, they are expensive and shagged out old engines... But that's the only way we can get them in legally.. Be careful of paint problems.. And shitty britpart latches going bad...
Old August 10th, 2014, 10:52 AM
andyrad
Andy Radlgruber
None.

Check on roverlanders.bc.ca and see if there is anyone there that can help in your search. Huge BC group of rover nuts. Also take Tim up on his offer to go look at it. I can vouch for him as a great guy.
Old August 10th, 2014, 01:59 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Moved to the flea market. birdy, and updates?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
110, 1995, 95