Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2013, 05:26 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_lucas View Post
You know Clay, I have tried to be nice and really have no dog in this fight, I was honestly just trying to answer the question YOU ASKED.

Maybe I did not spell it out simple enough for you?

My point was that the way you try to sell your trucks on the down low hanging in the shadows, never posting details or photos, using the registry and dropping into the wanted section (pssst hey I have a defender for sale) may come across fishy to some and they may think things are not on the up and up as it is just odd. You know kind of like the guy they warn you about on the news that sells cars on the original title in the parking lot without a dealers Licenses...

I never said it was wrong for you to do business this way, go for it I could care less as that is your deal, but when you operate shrouded in mystery people have to come to their own conclusion as they have no other choice so do not get upset when they do so.

As for me posting that I have something that someone wanted in the wanted section feel free to sell him what you have if he wants it because I do not care, I just happen to have the extra parts sitting in my garage unused and he wants them win / win. And yes they are posted for sale on this site and I have made my price clear and my intentions clear, he knows exactly what to expect from me.

My integrity means something to me, I am old fashion that way I suppose. I call it like I see it and do not pull any punches regardless of who the person is. I doubt that you could find one person on this board or any other rover board that I have had a transaction with that would have anything negative to say about me as I am that kind of guy.
Dave, why don't you try and find a person that has done a transaction that is disappointed with me? I don't think there are any.

I don't understand the shadows you speak of? Sorry, I've not been sneaking around and selling something people don't want. We all have to assume that shit is in your head until you can show proof what what you have been ranting about.

I stated why I haven't posted every truck I sell in the For Sale Section. I don't think its smart to put the price i want up for people to bitch and pick apart. There are no experts on price because there is no right and wrong price. So why sell in the For Sale Section? The way I look at it I'm following the rules and staying away unless I have a rock bottom price I won't move from. Like the ad I have there now. Check it out. And let the rant begin if you like. I price my trucks based on what I think it would take to replicate the truck for not based on what one sold for earlier. I don't see anything sinister about that.

Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:38 PM
1of40
1of40

Registry
Quote:
Sorry if I was being too mean Clay must have been the Eel
Mean? Your comments aren't mean. They're incorrect. I've tried to state my counter views and my personal opinion regarding them. I have no expectation of converting you or anyone that for that matter that thinks what you have said today makes sense. You've offered zero examples of where I've done a dishonest thing or trasnaction with someone. If I were you I'd be pretty embarassed becasue at the end of the day all you've proven is you can pile on. Pretty simple and nothing more than that bro.

I mentioned this before; if i felt like I were wrong in any way (like being sneaking on purpose) i would know it. I would be able to feel it and it would bother me. What you've said Dave makes zero sense and you come off as someone that rants when you have no real reason to be doing so. Zero proof = idiot poster.

Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Rover110
Steve
1993 Defender 110 NAS #472

The eel in his butt must be making him grumpy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
Mean? Your comments aren't mean. They're incorrect. I've tried to state my counter views and my personal opinion regarding them. I have no expectation of converting you or anyone that for that matter that thinks what you have said today makes sense. You've offered zero examples of where I've done a dishonest thing or trasnaction with someone. If I were you I'd be pretty embarassed becasue at the end of the day all you've proven is you can pile on. Pretty simple and nothing more than that bro.

I mentioned this before; if i felt like I were wrong in any way (like being sneaking on purpose) i would know it. I would be able to feel it and it would bother me. What you've said Dave makes zero sense and you come off as someone that rants when you have no real reason to be doing so. Zero proof = idiot poster.

Clay
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:40 PM
1of40
1of40

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Wow, it has been a busy day.
Clay, keep finding and bringing in these clean original trucks for all of us to enjoy stateside at events and in these forums. More power to you and I hope you make a few bucks for your efforts. You are the one taking 100% of the risk and doing 100% of the work.
Thanks Bro

Old April 11th, 2013, 05:42 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

I have no idea if you have happy or sad customers and could care less, I was simply responding to your question with information based on what I had seen.

I honestly had no idea you even sold Land Rovers until I came across your registry entry and thought wow.. What a nice green original 110 and then all hell broke loose.

You asked for feedback and I provided it, if you do not want to accept constructive criticism (albeit it a bit rough) from someone that has been around the board ~ 2001, had a successful rover business with extremely happy customers and has seen people come and go that is your deal.

Enjoy
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:48 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Hell, I recently bought an RRC here in the states sight-unseen and it turned out to be a complete pile of garbage...
So I guess we know the happy new owner of Pedro's truck!

Too soon? haha
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:53 PM
1of40
1of40

Registry
Quote:
I have no idea if you have happy or sad customers and could care less, I was simply responding to your question with information based on what I had seen.

I honestly had no idea you even sold Land Rovers until I came across your registry entry and thought wow.. What a nice green original 110 and then all hell broke loose.

You asked for feedback and I provided it, if you do not want to accept constructive criticism (albeit it a bit rough) from someone that has been around the board ~ 2001, had a successful rover business with extremely happy customers and has seen people come and go that is your deal.

Enjoy
Well to clarify again. Go back and read it. I addressed the question to the guy posting not for some old timer's general thought on the matter. You're not getting the point, which is your rant makes no sense if you haven't any proof. Show me something that leads you to believe I've been sneaking around in the shadows trying to sell Rovers.
What, you think if you pile on and say some "mean stuff" you'll get some boss board-cred with the others that waste time doing the same thing?

Successful Business: Had a successful business with happy customers. Is that your opinion too? Any proof? I doubt you can prove you had either. Maybe you have a sad story or excuses for why that business is no longer? I'm interested.

Clay

Old April 11th, 2013, 06:04 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
So I guess we know the happy new owner of Pedro's truck!

Too soon? haha
See, now that's more like it!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 11th, 2013, 06:11 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Quote:
Well to clarify again. Go back and read it. I addressed the question to the guy posting not for some old timer's general thought on the matter. You're not getting the point, which is your rant makes no sense if you haven't any proof. Show me something that leads you to believe I've been sneaking around in the shadows trying to sell Rovers.
That is the thing about perception, it does not need to be based on facts, I never said you were doing those things you just assumed I did because I said that people may see certain things and form an opinion based on what they have seen and heard. Perception = reality

Quote:
What, you think if you pile on and say some "mean stuff" you'll get some boss board-cred with the others that waste time doing the same thing?
I have all of the “board-Cred” that I need and it has been earned by contributing valuable assistance, information and helping out my fellow rovers owners for many years.

Quote:
Successful Business: Had a successful business with happy customers. Is that your opinion too? Any proof? I doubt you can prove you had either. Maybe you have a sad story or excuses for why that business is no longer? I'm interested.
Yes, I suppose successful is based on my opinion. As Josh would say use the search button
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Rover110
Steve

and dont forget the damn eels. Remember the eels!

Quote:
That is the thing about perception, it does not need to be based on facts, I never said you were doing those things you just assumed I did because I said that people may see certain things and form an opinion based on what they have seen and heard. Perception = reality

I have all of the “board-Cred” that I need and it has been earned by contributing valuable assistance, information and helping out my fellow rovers owners for many years.

Yes, I suppose successful is based on my opinion. As Josh would say use the search button
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:58 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover110 View Post
and dont forget the damn eels. Remember the eels!
Eels?http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=V2yy1...%3DV2yy141q8HQ
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:

Eels?
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=44615

Old April 11th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Rover110
Steve

Eels, scourge of rovers and owners worldwide. Worst thing since aluminum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:

Clay
Clay,
Dave owned and operated SlickRock Fabrication. Arguably the best replacement fuel tank cradles ever made for NAS 90's.,swaybar disconnects for disco's, abs extensions etc. Expedition Exchange used to pimp his wares. His career path with HP took more and more of his time to the point that he shut it down. He was definately a player a decade ago.

http://www.google.com/search?q=slick...rlz=1I7GGLL_en

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old April 12th, 2013, 06:56 AM
1of40
1of40

Registry
Thanks Doug.

Old April 12th, 2013, 11:33 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
In other news. Looks like Clay's is in first right now, but who will win?

1) Clay - caye3521 - "1986 LR D110": 4 days, 7 hours remaining on eBay - 9 bids, currently $22,655. All single bids so far, so it looks like they're bidding small incremental bids instead of a larger "max" bid.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...item4ac355b9ba

2) Kissimmee, FL Dealer - 2112humble - BIG BLUE "1983 LAND ROVER DEFENDER 110 COUNTY 3.5 V8 STUNNING EXAMPLE": 1 Day, 12 Hours Remaining, currently $20,199.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-...item4ac33b7a8a

3) Kissimmee, FL Dealer - 2112humble - GRAY "1988 LAND ROVER DEFENDER 110 COUNTY 2.5L TURBO DIESEL STUNNING EXAMPLE": 6 Days, 8 Hours Remaining, BIN $31,999.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-...813f7952#v4-37
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Are we placing bets?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 12th, 2013, 11:50 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I don't understand why people bid on auctions prior to the last 15 minutes. You're only screwing yourself!
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:56 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry

love it!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
110, ebay