New Dash Style - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old November 20th, 2010, 11:56 PM
the_eaze
Eric Brown
1997 Arles SW

New Dash Style

This guys is selling the new style dash and is claiming it will fit any style defender with "a little DIY". I'm doubting its even possible without a newer style bulkhead but I thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone has been daring enough to try.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-DEF...#ht_544wt_1141
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2010, 01:48 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

well for starters it is right hand drive
Old November 21st, 2010, 05:15 AM
the_eaze
Eric Brown
1997 Arles SW

I wonder if the dash was designed in a way where the components could be configured for RHD or LHD? Anyone know? We all know the TD5 dash will fit our NAS defenders but I have never seen a post about anyone that tried to fit the newest style dash. Just wondering if it's really possible. Sure looks good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2010, 05:38 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
It might look good, but how would you make it functional? There is a big new heater/ac unit that goes behind the dash and the wiring is completely different. The guage cluster is all different LR3 stuff and is computer controlled. On top of all that, bulkheads with the new dash have blocked-off vents, so you lose access to those too.

I would never attempt this without a bulkhead swap (the new bulkhead is pretty radically different) and I doubt I'd even bother unless I was doing a PUMA conversion. I would at least want a functioning PUMA truck nearby for reference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 21st, 2010, 08:21 AM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

adptation of the a/c would probably be a huge pita.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
dash