Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Jeff Briggs
Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon
Site Team
Originally Posted by belgian View Post
I did overlook that as well... The Belgian army should only have LHD. Don't see why any would be RHD.
I think you guys are missing the point. Its a bitsa (bits of this, bits of that) that had been pieced together from various years. The front axle is clearly from a Belgium truck, but with RHD steering arms, and early S2 drive flanges. The biggest head scratcher for me is the Rover V8 with 4 speed. I wonder if they converted an LT95 to part time, or maybe they removed the vacuum selector and keep it permanently locked. Or maybe they cobbled up some other random bits of obscure Roverness with a series Tcase.

Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
sheisters gonna sheist
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250
You could get an adaptor to mate a Rover V8 to series transmission. I built one many years ago, it's still knocking about and was featured in A LR mag over here not so long ago I'm told.
The oil filter used to get hit by the front diff unless you either fitted a remote filter or a 101 oil pump & filter mount. No front diff would remove that little problem. They would never have been fitted with a V8 for the Belgian Army. It's a bitsa.

Mike Hammond
Diesels.....great when they're going and so easy to work on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market